PDA

View Full Version : Great deals in classifieds!

Nick Triesch
Oct-03-2004, 10:52am
Great deals on Gibson Ferns in classifieds. What a Great price!

Oct-03-2004, 11:31am
Thats what Ferns are going for these days. That's what me and others have been trying to tell yall about the down swing on the used Gibson market. Doc is a friend of mine and he has had these advertised out there for over a month with no takers.

grandmainger
Oct-03-2004, 2:00pm
D%&# Doc! He's got so many amazing mandos. Everytime I see his trademark **CAPITALS** style of adverts in the classifieds, I start making plans to sell house, car, girlfriend etc.... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

flairbzzt
Oct-03-2004, 3:06pm
How much for the girlfriend?http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

goose 2
Oct-03-2004, 9:56pm
I think just about all of the used market is down right now. I also mentioned this on the Gibson price increase thread. I have no data to support this but I have a gut feeling that there are many more instruments out there than there are players with more being made all the time. The ultra high end market will probably be more resistant to this down market due to supply and demand issues but even these don't seem to go as fast as they used to. It will be interesting to see what the mandolin market looks like in a year.

Oct-03-2004, 10:07pm
"It will be interesting to see what the mandolin market looks like in a year."

I wouldn't call it a drastic downward spiral but I gotta think goose put his finger squarely on the problem. I fully expect to see some great buys pop up between now & Christmas. Ebay may well become a very productive hunting ground.......

Willie Poole
Oct-03-2004, 10:30pm
Could it be that that is why there are so many "special" models being built by the BIG ONE..Only 50 built, only 100 being built etc...Same as Martin guitars, want a good new one you have buy the "special editions"...Willie

Oct-04-2004, 8:24am
Good point Willie. It will be interesting to see if the special editions hold their value better as well. Seems a used Bush fares no better than an F5L.....The Steffy so far has fared better.

Big Joe
Oct-04-2004, 9:00am
The Bush is a standard production model, as is the Fern and the Lawson. The only limited edition artist models we have done are the Bibey, Benson, and the Steffey. How many has Martin done??? Oh, I guess we must be just like them http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif .

danb
Oct-04-2004, 9:35am
*cough cough*, PLEASE don't let this turn into "Gibson Price Increases, the sequel.. "

Oct-04-2004, 9:42am
Ah.... Dan, do you have the "Dale watch" today?

Don't "fret", for my part it's just a low key discussion about the market in general.

Scotti Adams
Oct-04-2004, 11:22am
Doc Darrow always has some very nice high end mandos for sale on here...wonder where all his ads went....surely he hasnt sold everything..

thistle3585
Oct-04-2004, 11:30am
It seems that the Flatirons are holding their own.

Lee
Oct-05-2004, 10:54am
Whoa, did you see the Fern that just hit the classifieds; circa 1924 in great condition. Unbelievable price.