PDA

View Full Version : Patuxent Music

EggerRidgeBoy
Jul-14-2010, 1:50pm
I thought this article from the Baltimore City Paper might be of interest to some here on the Cafe:

http://www.citypaper.com/special/story.asp?id=20427

Steve Cantrell
Jul-15-2010, 6:18am
Tom Mindte is as good as it gets on the mandolin. Check out his "Patuxent Partners" CD. He does the old sound right.

Willie Poole
Jul-15-2010, 9:02pm
Ridge Boy...I am also located in Md. and I have known Tom for many years, I was also a "student" of Buzz Busby but have sort of changed my style in the past 20 years, I have picked quite a bit with Tom, he plays a great tenor to my lead on the mandolin, I still contact Danny Beech when I am in Florida during the winter months...I have never recorded with Tom as I do my own recording but I know quite a few pickers that have and they all speak very highly of him...I live in Columbia now and if you want to get together some time PM me and we can swap e mails....Willie

sunburst
Jul-15-2010, 10:21pm
I'm acquainted with Tom myself. He is in fact a darned good straight-ahead Bluegrass mandolin player but also a versatile player of other types of music, and the owner of a fine sounding mandolin too.
Thanks for the link!

Willie Poole
Jul-16-2010, 10:24am
John, I played his Laor when he first purchased it and I thought it was pretty "tinny" but I have heard it since and it seemed to change a lot...I don`t get to see him as much as I used to, old age catching up with me I guess, I don`t make as many festivals as I used to....Willie