View Full Version : trying to post a picture

barloe
Jul-09-2010, 2:54pm
Want to post a pic of my Wappen.
more than just cut and paste, I see

JEStanek
Jul-09-2010, 4:38pm
Try this...
f the images on your computer are xxxxx.psd (or any format other than JPG) they need to be saved as xxxx.jpg files. To do this open Photoshop or your image editor and Save As then change the format of the image to JPEG in the drop down list under the filename.

Then on the Café navigate to your thread and select Go Advanced and compose your post. To attach photos/files from your PC (the jpg files you created above) click on the paper clip. This will open a pop up window so be sure your browser allows for that (many browsers block pop ups as they are often for annoying internet ads).

1) Then click Add Files (near the upper right of the pop up) this will change how the pop up looks.
2) Then click Select Files, this will open the browser window for you to navigate to where the jpg files are on your computer. You can select one or several files (for several hold down the Ctrl key while clicking on the file names. Then click OK.
3) Files are selected but not yet uploaded. Next click Upload. This will upload them to the Café server for storage.
4) Then you need to click Insert Attachments to close the loop. Your files are now part of your post. If you scroll down the screen below the post, you can see a section called Manage Attachments and the files/photos/mp3s that will be attached to your post are displayed there. If they aren't there, repeat steps 1-4.

Hope this helps,

Jamie

Patrick Sylvest
Jul-09-2010, 5:01pm
Wow, that worked! But why doesn't the insert image icon work? I've tried that and it does absolutely nothing.

Bill Snyder
Jul-09-2010, 5:35pm
The insert image is for linking to an image located someplace else online not for one on your hard drive.

Ivan Kelsall
Jul-13-2010, 2:08am
The paper clip icon for "attachments" is the one to use to insert an image from your PC. If i need to 'attach' an image from the 'net,i download it to my PC first as a JPG, & then use the 'attachment' function,
Ivan