PDA

View Full Version : My Boys

TNT
Jul-05-2010, 5:51pm
I posted a video of the Boys about 6 months ago... Wyatt is 7 playing mandolin and Marshal is 5..Marshal has been playing his fiddle for about 9 weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OlkDGKwJVw

Miked
Jul-05-2010, 7:54pm
That must have been a blast. Too cool!

MikeEdgerton
Jul-05-2010, 8:17pm
Priceless.

JEStanek
Jul-05-2010, 8:33pm
Keep 'em havin fun. That looks like it was a great time.

Jamie

F-2 Dave
Jul-05-2010, 9:31pm
Nice job boys.

jim_n_virginia
Jul-05-2010, 9:43pm
that's pretty cool!!! priceless memories!!! :mandosmiley:

Jim Kirkland
Jul-05-2010, 11:48pm
Super playin'. That is how it all starts.

Geoff B
Jul-05-2010, 11:56pm
very cool. very very cool. I hope to be doing that with my kids someday. Well done!

Martian
Jul-06-2010, 8:26am
Great job boys, and if you had a dry eye in the whole thing, you are tougher than me. My daughter,(19), has just discovered she can part sing, and at festivals it is so odd to se my 60-70 year old friends coming to our motorhome because they need a tenor singer, and not an old banjo player.

TNT
Jul-06-2010, 10:25am
We have A LOT of FUN!!! They Love playing, Wyatt can play fiddle aswel as he plays mandolin. Whether they are on stage in front of 2000ppl or just jaming under the awning they are always picking. I am hoping to get some more video this weekend. Thank you for all the great comments.

roscoestring
Jul-06-2010, 12:16pm
How old were they when they started? I play out a lot around many different family groups where the younguns play. I've noticed that the kids that play music are so much more mature and disciplined than those that do not. I've seen it in my own kids too. My granddaughter is nearly 2 months old now. I will put an instrument in her hands just as soon as I can. Anyone else noticed this?

TNT
Jul-06-2010, 12:57pm
Wyatt has been picking mandolin a little over a year and Marshal use to chop along on the fiddle while they were playing but he started taking his own breaks and intros about the middle of April.. Now that he figured out he can do it, he is a SPONGE. They both practice most days a "jam" everyday! They will try to squeeze a jam in before they go to school, with just the 2 of them . It is great. I do get a lot of comments on how well behaved and respectful they are.. I believe your kids are what you make them and how much time you are willing to spend with them. My newest saying when people ask about the boys is . " We don't have a lot of quiet moments at our house but we have alot of FUN!