PDA

View Full Version : A-JR Snakehead on eBay looks original

anglindkc
Jul-02-2010, 11:01am
<link to eBay sale removed by site owner>

Ebay, online auctions, Cafe Classifieds, direct dealer solicitations: while discussing online auctions or the classifieds is permitted, posting personal transactions for business or self-promotion is prohibited.

You have engaged in this multiple times. We'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time. The next time, immediate and permanent removal of posting privileges and use of the Classifieds.

Pete Hicks
Jul-02-2010, 1:23pm
Looks pretty cool.

Barry Platnick
Jul-04-2010, 10:12am
can anybody else comment on originality and price range?

Is no logo ok?

mrmando
Jul-04-2010, 4:09pm
No logo is fine ... A Juniors do not have any inlay or other decoration on the headstock. The tuners may or may not be original, although they appear to be correct for the period. Compare the tuners on this A Junior (http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1925-Gibson-Jr-Mandolin-Snakehead-Case-NICE-/320554135340?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa283ef2c)--the flat-ended plates are what you typically see on A Juniors, rather than wiggle-ends. Bridge, tailpiece and pickguard all look correct.

As to price, this one is a little overpriced, given that a cleaner one just sold for $1450. Not only that, but this same instrument was offered by the same seller on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230466907212) a couple of months ago, and was ostensibly purchased for the $1995 Buy It Now price. I'd want to know why that transaction did not succeed. Furthermore, the original poster in this thread has contributed, all told, six posts on the Forum, five of which appear to be for the purposes of talking up eBay transactions involving this mandolin. It is beginning to look like a shill job to me.

Scott Tichenor
Jul-04-2010, 4:50pm
Furthermore, the original poster in this thread has contributed, all told, six posts on the Forum, five of which appear to be for the purposes of talking up eBay transactions involving this mandolin. It is beginning to look like a shill job to me.

True statement.

Smoking gun if you have access to IP addresses. If you see this one hawked again on this forum, please contact me. It'll be grounds for this user's removal from this forum.

From the posting guidelines:

- Ebay, online auctions, Cafe Classifieds, direct dealer solicitations: while discussing online auctions or the classifieds is permitted, posting personal transactions for business or self-promotion is prohibited.