PDA

View Full Version : 3 Pair- full house?

oldwave maker
Jun-17-2010, 2:23pm
Leaving home in the next week or so, stayed cool shooting in a couple of inches of flowing water in this stinkin desert:

Ed Goist
Jun-17-2010, 2:29pm
Those oval As are magnificent!

Nelson Peddycoart
Jun-17-2010, 2:36pm
Gorgeous instruments!

JEStanek
Jun-17-2010, 2:37pm
Man, Bill. You're like a mandolin spring. They just keep bubling up and looks so clean and refreshing.

Jamie

Skip Kelley
Jun-17-2010, 3:14pm
Bill, my first question is: How did you find water in the desert? Can you sell the water in the desert and get rich?

Seriously, those are some sweet looking instruments! I love your A models!

arrowmandolin
Jun-17-2010, 4:12pm
Hey Bill,
Are you coming up to Weiser?
We're thinking about using some single malt, maybe staining a few instruments, but definitely staining the dental work.....

arrowmandolin
Jun-17-2010, 4:13pm
oops!

oldwave maker
Jun-17-2010, 4:42pm
Paul, sorry to miss Wheezer, brought some grass burrs home last time and now have my own personal stickerville, with the added bonus of goatheads! stain a few for me.....

oldwave maker
Jun-17-2010, 4:59pm
Skip- when Lt. Emory came thru with Fremont's expedition in the fall of 1848 he noted in his journal that this was just the second clear running stream he had encountered since leaving the Allegheny mountains the previous spring. Its a calcium carbonate stream in a sodium bicarbonate desert, the last native cutthroat trout stream before the Sierra Madre of old mexico, navigable with a tube and cheap mando!

Jake Wildwood
Jun-17-2010, 5:28pm
NICE!

I especially appreciate the black-topped (OM?) archtop. Not enough of that going around these days.

Great work!

F-2 Dave
Jun-17-2010, 9:19pm
I'm with Mr. Jake. Love the black archtop. But, they're all really nice.

Jill McAuley
Jun-17-2010, 11:08pm
Beauties the lot of them - talk about eye candy!!!

Cheers,
Jill

sgarrity
Jun-17-2010, 11:09pm
Those GOMs are beautiful!

Skip Kelley
Jun-18-2010, 10:50am
Skip- when Lt. Emory came thru with Fremont's expedition in the fall of 1848 he noted in his journal that this was just the second clear running stream he had encountered since leaving the Allegheny mountains the previous spring. Its a calcium carbonate stream in a sodium bicarbonate desert, the last native cutthroat trout stream before the Sierra Madre of old mexico, navigable with a tube and cheap mando!

Bill, that is one cool picture!

hank
Jun-18-2010, 12:00pm
With the recent temperature rise tubing works for me. Your the only guy around that can make a stinkin desert look like a playground. Then you have the audacity to put points and a scroll on your paddle model! Now you got me thinking of some drain holes around the bottom with a nice octave neck for canoeing.

fatt-dad
Jun-18-2010, 12:05pm
I really like the darker of the oval holes!

f-d

Bertram Henze
Jun-19-2010, 8:18am
Paul, sorry to miss Wheezer, brought some grass burrs home last time and now have my own personal stickerville, with the added bonus of goatheads! stain a few for me.....

That Bruichladdich is a beautiful aim to shoot for - can you do Dalmore as well? :grin:
Love those GOMs, too!

B. T. Walker
Jun-21-2010, 10:16am
Really beautiful mandolins. That tubing shot is also really cool. I've always been too chicken to try mando-tubing, even with a beater or carbon fiber.

pjlama
Jun-22-2010, 12:45am
Wow! I love the GSOM's ;) seriously they all look great, awesome stuff.

oldwave maker
Jun-23-2010, 11:51pm
Another pair before the creek goes dry, built the cedar/mesquite tradOM last year for the house, the engelmann/curly maple is about to head across a larger body of water...
Bertram- happy to match the Dalmore, but you have to send me a full bottle first!

Skip Kelley
Jun-24-2010, 11:03am
Bill, I love the OM's! I have always admired your work!

Pete Martin
Jun-27-2010, 11:51am
Great stuff Bill!

Missed you at Weiser, a great year this was. Come back soon...

oldwave maker
Jul-04-2010, 11:48am
The last of the deck, 17" scale guit-dola, 16" scale trad-dola, heading across a larger body of water than this:

trevor
Jul-04-2010, 11:50am
Lookin' forward to those two.