PDA

View Full Version : Eastman MD615 - New Baby

Mish_mm
Jun-12-2010, 6:56pm
I just got a new mandolin. I got a good deal and excellent service from Dennis at theMandolinstore.com. I apparently got the last one and there seems to be a supply issue with the Eastmans right now, so I appreciate the good deal Dennis gave me even more. Of course it resulted in an upsale for him. I wasn't planning on spending quite this much on a new mandolin, but he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Shipping was fast although I did have an interesting time hooking up with the UPS man to give him my signature.

http://www.themandolinstore.com/Scripts/prodList.asp

Before I had a Galveston Mandolin. I just sold that one yesterday. It had an ok sound, loud and bright, but not really rich and not nearly as pretty as my new one. It also needs more work to make it better to play.

The Eastman 615 is very pretty and feels very nice in hand. The setup is great and such a difference from the Galveston. It is much easier to play and I look forward to spending more time with it.

I had looked at the used options and the A models, but I'm afraid I started to get hooked on the F model. I couldn't find a deal in my price range in used mandolins that was as good as buying the new one. Someday when my playing earns it I would like to get a Grey Eagle Mandolin. I hope he is still making them at that point as they don't seem to show up on the used market.:mandosmiley:

Steve-o
Jun-12-2010, 7:53pm
Mish_mm - Congratulations on your new Eastman. Looks nice. I bought my first mandolin, an Eastman MD515, from Dennis. Great guy and great service. Eastmans have been real popular with Cafe folks. It does seem like there have been much less traffic lately in used Eastmans. Enjoy your new baby.

jim_n_virginia
Jun-12-2010, 8:31pm
NICE! Happy Picking! :mandosmiley:

mandopaul
Jun-12-2010, 8:44pm
I always liked Eastman mandolins. Very nice coloring to the finish, I bet you really like it.

John Uhrig
Jun-12-2010, 8:50pm
Got my 514 fron Dennis. As you said ...Great service and a great deal!

JEStanek
Jun-12-2010, 9:02pm
Pick on and enjoy that new mandolin.

Jamie

MandoNicity
Jun-12-2010, 9:23pm
It's alwasys exciting to upgrade an instrument! Enjoy your journey!

JR

Jason Kessler
Jun-20-2010, 5:24pm
I love my #614 (bought from Steve Perry at Gianna Violins). I grew up in the era when Pac-rim instruments were what you had to resort to when you couldn't afford "the real thing." Not no more, no sir.

B. T. Walker
Jun-20-2010, 5:37pm
Very nice. Enjoy.