PDA

View Full Version : Vintage F model gibson mandolin tuners

Vernon Hughes
Jun-10-2010, 2:08pm
Hello All..Just got a 1918 a model gibson..Needs work,thats no problem..It came with a very old set of vintage f model tuners on it,not handels,but plain grained buttons..Any market for these? Or should I just flop them on ebay and see what happens..They seem in good shape,need cleaning and one tuner post is a bit sloppy..I can send pics if you email me..

MikeEdgerton
Jun-10-2010, 2:56pm
Post them in the classifieds here if you'd like. The ads are free. Take time to read the classifieds guidelines though.

Howie
Jun-10-2010, 3:23pm
Hello All..Just got a 1918 a model gibson..Needs work,thats no problem..It came with a very old set of vintage f model tuners on it,not handels,but plain grained buttons..Any market for these? Or should I just flop them on ebay and see what happens..They seem in good shape,need cleaning and one tuner post is a bit sloppy..I can send pics if you email me..

Love to see photos Thanks Howie Banfield

Vernon Hughes
Jun-10-2010, 3:51pm
I have pics..send your email address and I'll forward them..or if someone can tell me how to post them here I will,if allowed..

barney 59
Jun-10-2010, 5:27pm
You might consider holding on to them. If your mandolin is original having the original tuners will increase the value.

barney 59
Jun-10-2010, 5:31pm
OOps! "a model Gibson" is not a typo? ---that would be an "A" model Gibson---never mind!

Bernie Daniel
Jun-11-2010, 10:32am

I would be careful about selling them until you know exactly what you have. Do they work under tension? That is can you tune the mandolin with them? Do they hold pitch?

If they work then why take them off a vintage instrument? You would just decrease the value of it.

If they don't work I'm not sure they are too useful to anyone.

Vernon Hughes
Jun-11-2010, 11:22am
They are F model tuners on an A model mando..I wish I had the F model to go with them!