PDA

View Full Version : Pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior

Chuck Naill
Jun-06-2010, 6:03am
Here is a good old hymn I grew up singing. I am using a Charles Jean Horner A5.
http://www.box.net/shared/m8yydnamod

HddnKat
Jun-06-2010, 8:03pm
That's a great interpretation of a good old hymn - love the fills and turnarounds you are using. Who is playing the accordian with you?

Chuck Naill
Jun-06-2010, 9:43pm
That's a great interpretation of a good old hymn - love the fills and turnarounds you are using. Who is playing the accordian with you?

I suppose it does sound like an accordion if you did not know it was twin fiddles. I thinks its cools I pulled it off. LOL!!!

HddnKat
Jun-07-2010, 7:55am
<blushing> You'd think a Texas girl would recognize fiddles when she heard 'em. - In my defense, the jam where I play sometimes has a great accordian player and she sounds just like that.

When you play 'twin fiddles' does that mean you played each part yourself and had to cut the recording of the one into the other?

Chuck Naill
Jun-07-2010, 8:04am
<blushing> You'd think a Texas girl would recognize fiddles when she heard 'em. - In my defense, the jam where I play sometimes has a great accordian player and she sounds just like that.

When you play 'twin fiddles' does that mean you played each part yourself and had to cut the recording of the one into the other?

No need to be concerned. I think its cool.

In this recording I played the melody in separate tracks so I could "pan" them for a stereo sound. To me that stereo sound is what sounds like an accordion.

Other times I will harmonize two tracks.

Thank you for listening.