PDA

View Full Version : Darrell Scott/Sarah Jarosz show last night

David M.
Jun-05-2010, 12:17pm
Man, what a show. Sarah Jarosz opened for my favorite singer/picker Darrell Scott last night at the Iowa City Arts Festival. Free outdoor show. Incredible. This young lady can REALLY play and SING. Man, can she sing. Amazing touch on the bouzouki and mando and played great clawhammer and guitar. Some originals and other covers.

Darrell was amazing as usual. I love his singing. Just him and his guitar/piano and he did several off his new Crooked Road record. Sarah joined him on Banjo Clark at the end for an encore. Awesome stuff, visiting with friends, great weather, great evening.

Patrick Melly
Jun-06-2010, 3:01pm
Sarah Jarosz did a nice set at the spring Strawberry Music Festival; they gave her a nice
Sunday evening slot, and she had good response from a sizable audience. Sarah played mando, OM, banjo & guitar; after a few solo songs she brought out Tristan Clarridge on cello and Tashina Clarridge on fiddle.
After noticing teenaged Sarah's awesome skills at the mandolin symposium, I find it heartwarming to see her taking flight.

Patrick