PDA

View Full Version : New Fletcher Tenortone Arrived

dulcillini
May-17-2010, 9:18pm
Hi Folks: Had my new mahogany Fletcher Tenortone guitar for a week and I really like it. It has been good exercise to train my pinkie finger as you need it to play mando favorites on the tenor guitar. The stretching has strangely seemed to help my mando playing. Go figure. Anyway, I love the sound. It is really quite loud for its size with lots of sustain. I imagine the spruce top models would have more bite, but I really like the mellow sound of the all mahogany one. Very surprising. I left mine set up like an octave mandolin--that is they way it came, but I understand other tunings work fine too. Will keep everyone posted with my progress. This is a real nice sounding instrument. Looking forward to getting to know it. I will try to send a picture later.

Mike

Jill McAuley
May-17-2010, 11:48pm
Ah, lucky man - congratulations! I've spent the past few days trying to scheme a way to come up with the $$ for a Tenortone. I've played both the spruce top and all mahogany models and I too really like the mellower sound of the mahogany. Where there's a will there's a way - I've really got the bug for one now! Enjoy yours!

Cheers,
Jill

Ptarmi
May-28-2010, 10:56pm
I will try to send a picture later.
Mike

Hi Mike,
I'd love to see a few photos of your new Tenortone. ;)

You see, I just received a few Photos of my own Tenortone Guitar. :cool:

See them on This Thread (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?62614-Photos-of-my-New-Fletcher-Tenortone!)

Mine still has to settle for a while, before Jamie sends it across the Pond, so I won't be getting my hands on it for a few weeks, but we should keep in touch & swop notes.

I'm honoured that this will be the first one he's actually sent over here, but I'm sure it won't be the last!

Cheers
Dick

jsmandolin
Jun-19-2010, 12:23am
Congratulations, you new Tenortone owners! I LOVE my all mahogany one! It's hard to get me to practice the mandolin with the Tenortone in reach!
I'll be bringing my Tenortone to the RockyGrass festival in Lyons, Colorado July 23-25. Do you know of anyone going to RockyGrass? It would be fun to meet another Tenortone owner!
-John