PDA

View Full Version : Salem, OH: Dulci-More Festival (5/28 - 5/30)

Ed Goist
May-17-2010, 10:50am
The 16th Annual Dulci-More Festival will take place May 28th through May 30th at The Boy Scouts of America's Camp McKinley (37748 Furnace Road) in Lisbon, OH. The Dulci-More Festival will include Concerts, Workshops, Open Stages, Song-Circles and jams. A complete brochure for the festival is available here (http://dulcimore.org/dmf16brochurefull.pdf).

Although the festival has a heavy focus on the mountain dulcimer, there are also workshops being offered on such topics as: songwriting, singing skills, Civil War Songs, Intro to Jamming, Celtic Jams, and one workshop on Mandolin Styles & Techniques (Sunday at 10:15 am led by Ann & Phil Case). A complete list of the workshops being offered is available here (http://dulcimore.org/DMF16WorkshopGrid1.pdf).

I'm excited to have found out about this in time to make plans! Has anyone attended any of the past Dulci-More festivals?

Let me know if you'll be attending and when. I'll be there Sunday for sure to attend the mandolin workshop. It would be neat to have a 'mandolin contingent'!

Thanks;
-Ed

Leverman61
May-17-2010, 7:19pm
Fast Eddie Check your pm Dan

LateBloomer
May-20-2010, 10:53am
I won't be at the festival, but I think you will enjoy Ann and Phil Case. They are a great Old Time duet. She sings like a bird. Great people too! Let us know how you enjoy the festival and the workshops.

Ed Goist
May-31-2010, 8:03am
Hi All:
I had a super time at the Dulci-More Festival yesterday, celebrating Old Time and Appalachian music - Great weather, great workshops, great music and the opportunity to jam with lots of great people.
Dan, it was great meeting you.
LateBloomer, you're right about Ann & Phil Case. They are incredibly talented folk, who are also very nice, down-to-earth, and generous with their time. In addition to being exceptional musicians, they are also skilled teachers.
In closing, I'd highly recommend Ann & Phil's recordings to anyone predisposed to this type of music. Phil is a gifted mutli-instrumentalist, and Ann has one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard...It would be hard to imagine a better Old Time duet. (And by the way, Phil plays a magnificent 1921 Gibson F-4)
Thanks; Ed