PDA

View Full Version : The Gibson Foundation Launches Flood Relief Events

NewsFetcher
May-12-2010, 5:24pm
The Mandolin Cafe has posted news:
The Gibson Foundation Launches Flood Relief Events
http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001219.shtml

Gibson Guitar and its philanthropic division the Gibson Foundation, have announced a series of programs to help aid the victims of the recent Nashville floods which devastated the city and surrounding areas.

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. The addition of images, videos, links and BB coding is turned OFF for this area so as not to compete with or interfere with the news item.

MikeEdgerton
May-12-2010, 6:11pm
It sounds like Gibson is trying to be a good corporate citizen even with the troubles they are obviously dealing with.

Scott Tichenor
May-12-2010, 6:27pm
Just an FYI, I've asked Caroline Galloway, their PR person for an official update on the status of the OAI facility. She said they're still assessing all of their facilities but would try to get something official for me to share. We've heard a wide range of rumors (mostly here) and I think those should be taken with a grain of salt. I have it on good information from someone that works there that the water reached two feet high in their offices and that many instruments and machinery escaped damage. One retailer said some delay in new instruments but nothing extreme. An "estimate" from this individual was *might* be back open in 4-6 weeks, but that's preliminary, and I'll defer to a formal word from them.