PDA

View Full Version : Pic of the String Fellers

Scotti Adams
May-10-2010, 9:27am
Heres pic of The String Fellers. It was taken this past May 1..opening day for the Cincinnati Reds. The Owner of the Cabin..Steve "Batman" Gearhart has this get together every year. Steve had a promising career in the majors until a crippling fall down the side of a mountain in Utah left him paralyzed from the waist down. Hes really cool guy. His Dad..Lloyd Gearhart played in the majors and sports a World Series ring. In fact the cabin has some real mojo. Just above the porch is a sign that reads..The House That Rose Built..as in Pete Rose. Pete donated to the cause the have the 1860s cabin dismantled..relocated and reassembled. From left to right..Jeff "Jilesy" Soward who is playing the bass on the earlier recordings I posted...myself...Paul North on the Dobro in this shot..tho usually he plays acoustic bass..yes the same Paul North who came to the attention here in reference to the "stolen" Weber. Hes my best friend...and you wouldnt meet a better person. Next is my favorite guitar player..Bill Trubee...hands down my favorite. Behind the post on upright is Pauls son Evan whos becoming a hell of a player in his own right. In the cabin is a mantle. On that mantle is carved many a name from players who have visited. From Red and Harley Allen to Frank Wakefield...many a "Star" has stepped thru that door and carved his name. Man..if those walls could talk...hmm..they actually do.

mandopete
May-10-2010, 12:33pm
Who's the guy on the mandolin?

Scotti Adams
May-10-2010, 1:11pm
Funny you ask Pete..I thought is was my dad. I am my fathers son. Scarey.

Dfyngravity
May-10-2010, 4:21pm
That bass is ALMOST hidden by the 6x6 post. It even kind of looks like he is play a 6x6 post with strings.

Scotti,

Got any recordings? I think we would all enjoy a little bit of front porch pickn'.

Scotti Adams
May-11-2010, 7:57am
Im working on getting spme recordings together..thanks!

mandopete
May-11-2010, 9:29am
Funny you ask Pete..I thought is was my dad. I am my fathers son. Scarey.

True! I was looking a picture of my 7th grade rock band I looked exactly like my youngest son at that age. I guess the theory of relativity is true as well.

CES
May-11-2010, 10:16am
Very cool indeed, Scotti...