PDA

View Full Version : Desvairado

Brad Weiss
Sep-24-2004, 12:09pm
I've been working on the bee-you-tee-full melody for the choro #Desvairada (from Into the Cauldron) but I can't locate the chords for it anywhere. #I'm playing it in Eminor (the C part is in E) - anyone know where I can find the chords??

Thanks!

mandroid
Oct-29-2004, 11:29pm
Oh, its not Desafinato, the Jobim tune , then ?
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

Wendy Anthony
Oct-30-2004, 9:07am
Brad ... if you haven't discovered this yet ... Larry Klose has tabledited Desvairada (http://www.mandozine.com/music/search_results.php?searchfor=desvairada), a Waltz in Dm, (the same key used on Into The Cauldron) and has included the chord names in the file located at MandoZine ...

If you're playing in Em, just transpose all the chords up one full tone ... ie Dm>Em; A7>B7; E7>F#7; Gm>Am; etc ...

Keepin' tuned ...
Wendy Anthony

dave waite
Oct-30-2004, 9:54pm
For some reason, when I open that Desvairada TEF file it shows no chords. However..... somewhere archives of Mandozine tef files there is a tune listed as Valse de Argentine by Fapy Lafertin that is almost identical in chord structure ( and very close in melody) once you get past the ascending intro & into the meat of the tune. I have attached it.
Hope this helps.
Great tune!!!!!

Wendy Anthony
Oct-31-2004, 8:10am
The chords names in the Desvairada TEF file are shown above the Notation, not the Tab ... so ... if you're using your TefViewer to read only tab, here's how to view both tab and notation ...

In the menu: Score > Options > General > ScreenMode: Click both Notation AND Tablature > Click Apply > then OK.
(You can also click the X icon - under the Menu bar - for Options ... )

If the notation is too close to the tab, making it difficult to read ... increase the Vertical Spacing Between Systems, in the same General Options window.

Hope this helps

Keepin' tuned ...
Wendy

Brad Weiss
Oct-31-2004, 8:29am
Wonderful, Wendy! I had the tabledit file, but never looked at it in notation!! That'll teach me...

Thanks so much!

Mark Levesque
Oct-31-2004, 10:43am
I believe that the great Brazilian guitarist/mandolinist/cavaquinho-ist known as Garoto composed this waltz as a challenge to Jacob do Bandolim.
Years later, Jacob composed his famous waltz "Voo Da Mosca" (Flight of the Fly)

dave waite
Nov-05-2004, 6:34am
Wendy,
Thanks for the tip!!