PDA

View Full Version : ACM Award Show

GRW3
Apr-19-2010, 8:55am
I know this kind of country usually gets dogged around here but I don't find it as egregious as some. I was very glad to see Charlie Daniels in the opening act. And the 'New Vocal Group of the Year' was Glorianna and they featured pretty girl playing mandolin. (I'm sure somebody will post pictures in the Women in Mandolins thread.) Left handed no less.

Say what you want about it, it keeps a lot of the people we like to hear employed in session work around Nashville. I'm very intrigued by the talk of Dierks Bently going out on his next tour with the Traveling McCourys as his back up band. Not a first for them as the Del McCoury Band did it once before with Steve Earle.

Every once in while a pop country singer makes enough to be comfortable and go back to his roots, like Ricky Skaggs.

Matt Bowe
Apr-19-2010, 9:08am
Don't know if anyone else here noticed him, but Darius Rucker's mandolin player wasn't too bad...
;-)

tcapps
Apr-19-2010, 9:11am
yes, made my night as SB was introduced.

Bob Andress
Apr-19-2010, 11:24am
But what a tease it was to see Sam for such a short bit - Thrilling nontheless!

sgarrity
Apr-19-2010, 11:37am
The best part of that awards show was definitely the end! LOL I has pleasantly surprised that when Sam Bush was introduced he got a pretty enthusiastic round of applause. Definitely well deserved! There were a handful of mandolins seen with the various acts. I want to be Tim McGraw's mando player. It appeared that the guy just played two finger chords and I certainly couldn't hear him in the mix. I'm definitely missing my calling!