PDA

View Full Version : Carlo Robelli

TommyK
Sep-22-2004, 11:33am
I've got a line on a Carlo Robelli. Anybody know if it's any good?
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/coffee.gif

steve in tampa
Sep-22-2004, 11:59am
I have played several at 2 different Sam Ash locations. Save your money!!!

TommyK
Sep-22-2004, 12:04pm
Thanks
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/coffee.gif http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/coffee.gif

gdae85
Sep-22-2004, 1:47pm
That is about the only line of mandolins we can get here in south florida. Dont spend your money on that. Seriously, you'll regret it. If you have to get a mando, you ought to get a $65 Johnson Lynchburg on Ebay. Tis a thousand times better mando.

Rick Schmidlin
Sep-22-2004, 3:01pm
Carlo Robelli = C#%p Robelli

mandohacker2
Jan-15-2013, 1:54pm
I have no idea who this clown Carlo Robelli is but I sure wish he would quit producing junk instruments and doing a con job on beginning mandolin players. Robelli instruments are poorly made with the cheapest materials. Frets are the thinnest I've ever seen. Bracing is a joke and forget about truss rods! I'm distusted every time I've tried to set or repair up Robelli's junk. The next one I see is going to be used for kindling. Some cheap mandos like Johnsons, Tylers, and low end Kellys work okay, but I recommend my students go a little extra and look at Northfield or Loars. Kentucky quality has sadly deteriorated over the years.

allenhopkins
Jan-15-2013, 2:55pm
1. The "clown Carol Robelli" is a bunch of Asian factories that build instruments for the Sam Ash chain of music stores. From all reports, pretty much the bottom end of the musical food chain.

2. This thread is six and a half years old, though "better late than never" comments are always welcome.

Jim Garber
Jan-15-2013, 2:56pm
I believe that Carlo Robelli is a house brand of Sam Ash and they use it to brand all sorts of instruments from various import makers. BTW mandohacker... I hope you realize that this thread is over 8 years old.

AlanN
Jan-15-2013, 3:00pm
You betcha. Brand it with some Italian descent for instant mandolin street cred. Kind of like naming the pizza place you just opened Anna Maria's....

Jim Garber
Jan-15-2013, 4:30pm
Yup There is a long tradition of doing that in the violin world.

brunello97
Jan-15-2013, 8:51pm
Yup There is a long tradition of doing that in the violin world.

Kind of like a Giacomo Mietitore or a Michele Testadeforme model.....

Mick

almeriastrings
Jan-17-2013, 12:50am
I have no idea who this clown Carlo Robelli is but I sure wish he would quit producing junk instruments and doing a con job on beginning mandolin players. Robelli instruments are poorly made with the cheapest materials. Frets are the thinnest I've ever seen. Bracing is a joke and forget about truss rods! I'm distusted every time I've tried to set or repair up Robelli's junk. The next one I see is going to be used for kindling. Some cheap mandos like Johnsons, Tylers, and low end Kellys work okay, but I recommend my students go a little extra and look at Northfield or Loars. Kentucky quality has sadly deteriorated over the years.

A rather strange post, IMHO...

You say "a little extra"... and go on to suggest Northfield. You do realise that these are in the $2.7-4.8K bracket, don't you? Not exactly a "little extra" over Carlo Robelli!

I'd also strongly take issue with your claim that Kentucky's quality has deteriorated. The current output is generally very good indeed, and highly consistent. They seem to me to be making some of the best value mid-range instruments out there.