PDA

View Full Version : MAS Strikes Again

good_ol_al_61
Sep-21-2004, 3:42pm
I just received my Gibson A-9 via UPS this morning. I purchased it from Matt Zahn here in the classifieds. (I'm not sure what his handle is here.) But I really got what I paid for in this upper-mid level mandolin. Good volume and easy to pick. I can't believe that quality alone really makes a novice like me sound better. My left hand hits the notes just as inaccurately, but the notes come off clearer and therefore, better.

I have two other Gold Tone GM-70's and they were great to learn on and get familiar with the mandolin. They put out some good volume, too. But low frets made them a little hard to play with an occasional buzz. I'm sure with a refret job they would be great.

I look forward to upgrading in a year or so to a Gibson F5 (of some sort) or to a BRW which I really like, too.

Thanks to everyone here that has helped me thus far. All of you are really great!

Hey, can anyone make a new emoticon picking an "A" model. The one on the board here has an "F". (Boy, that's going to start something!)

mandolooter
Sep-21-2004, 4:36pm
congrats on the A9 !!!!!!!!!http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif