PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Baker - Taylor Baker

NewsFetcher
Apr-13-2010, 8:26am
The Mandolin Cafe has posted news:
Taylor Baker - Taylor Baker
http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001208.shtml

The solo debut from the very talented 16 year-old mandolinist Taylor Baker of the band The Baker Boys. Wide-ranging, all-instrumental blowout accompanied only by Danny Knicely on guitar and second mandolin.

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. NOTE: the addition of images, videos, links and other coding is turned OFF for this area so as not to compete with or interfere with the news item.

BigEd
Apr-13-2010, 10:55am
Any chance to hear a piece of a selection or two ??

SHORTY
Apr-13-2010, 11:45am
I met the Baker family about 7 years ago at IBMA. I became a fan of Taylors and I was just starting lessons on the mandolin. He was very accomplished then at a young age, I was impressed. I'll be sure to get his new CD. Every one is sure to be glad they purchased his CD.
It's been a long time , "HEY" Taylor.
A Friend,
Shorty

Steve K
Apr-13-2010, 6:55pm
Found samples here: http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/91363831-taylor-baker-taylor-baker,

Sounds good!

bdjbdj
Apr-16-2010, 2:30pm
Taylor is a fine young man, and extremely versified on the mandolin.
This CD is like a mandolin music journey around the world.
Taylor is also on a few cuts of Frank Wakefields lastest CD
You can also sample Taylor Baker on youtube.com

AlanN
Apr-16-2010, 2:35pm
I like this young man's feel and sensibilities on the mandolin.

Steve Gorman
Apr-13-2011, 6:43pm
I am just stunned at the artistic skill on this CD. Taylor and Danny are out in that orbit that not many get to travel in. I mean I have heard a lot of mandolin in the last 5 or 10 years and this way up there with the best. I mean he plays like 6 different styles like a master and can improvise. Add Danny Knicely that! KA-BOMB! ... ....

thump.....

I am on the floor.