PDA

View Full Version : Red White and Bluegrass Festival

Michael Ramsey
Apr-08-2010, 8:16am
I'd like to personally invite you to attend the 7th annual Red White and Bluegrass Festival in Morganton, NC. The dates are June 30 thru July 4th, 2010.

A partial listing of mandolin players (who be appearing with their respective bandmates) is as follows: Doyle Lawson, Wayne Benson, Paul Williams, BJ Cherryholmes, Ronnie McCoury, Jeff Parker, Bobby Osborne, Lou Reid, Danny Roberts, Andy Ball, Aaron Ramsey, Scott Napier, Darren Nicholson and Adam Steffey. There will be more, as we will have about 40 bands, for you to listen to over the course of 4.5 days.

Advance tickets are only $40. That pricing is good until midnight on June 1st (eastern time).

Come discover what many have said is North Carolina's largest and premier bluegrass festival.

evanreilly
Apr-09-2010, 11:24am
And 'Cafe regulars such as F5Loar and myself will probably be lurking in the shadows as well....

Michael Ramsey
Apr-13-2010, 12:06pm
And 'Cafe regulars such as F5Loar and myself will probably be lurking in the shadows as well....

Evan, I know you've been down here in NC for a while, but I thought that by now you would have learned that it's actually pronounced "shadders." ;^)

Michael Ramsey
May-20-2010, 10:45am
Only 12 more days to take advantage of advance ticket prices. They go up (from $40 for 4.5 days of music and 40+ bands) to $60, which will be the gate price. This change takes place on June 1st.

Are you coming? I know that TONS of folks are, from everywhere, mostly.

Michael Ramsey
Jun-07-2010, 3:20pm
Even at $60 (now after the advance price date has passed) it's still one of the best bangs for your bluegrass buck.

If the phone ringing off the hook due to tons of camping questions is any indicator, we're going to have a time. A BIG time.

Michael Ramsey
Jun-22-2010, 8:44am
Campers will begin rolling on Monday June 28th at 9 AM. We could let folks come in earlier, but folks have to realize that this is a city owned park and the Little League baseball tourney folks might not understand (they'll be playing the 26th & 27th). Camping permits have already surpassed last year's total number. We anticipate having between 200-300 different campsites (with more than one person on each campsite, you do the math).

For those that have never visited, there will be showers onsite along with permanent installed flush toliets (along with quite a few port-a-johns). No dump site for RV's and self contained campers, so plan accordingly.

Check the website for more info, especially the FAQ page. Lots of helpful info there.

Be sure and look me up. I'll be the rather large oaf managing the backstage area.

f5loar
Jun-22-2010, 12:56pm
Showers with running water with a fancy spickit on the top? Count me and Evan in for that! Sure beats hauling the water in 5 gallon buckets from the well to the house. You got them pull handle white outhouses with lids too? That beats Bean Blossom's set up.

evanreilly
Jun-22-2010, 6:40pm
Yeah, buddy!
But will there be such artwork???

Michael Ramsey
Jun-23-2010, 7:35am
The showers are OK I guess. For the adventuresome, there's the Catawba River that runs about 250-300 feet behind the stage. This area of the river is below the intake of the drinking water treatment plant and above the sewage treatment plant (a good bit farther down river).

A cake of soap and creeksand will work to cut even pine rosin off of your hide.

Michael Ramsey
Jun-29-2010, 8:07am
http://redwhiteandbluegrassfestival.com/photos.cfm

A few new photos (along with older ones) of the zipline and climbing stuff for kids.

I hope to post a few more pics later today.

evanreilly
Jun-29-2010, 8:24am
Is there any shade for us shadders dwellers?
F5Loar is worried about too much sun!~!~!

Michael Ramsey
Jun-29-2010, 12:44pm
Temps are forcast at mid 80's for the highs and lower 60's at night. At this point, there is no rain forecast after a slight chance tomorrow. There are several sections of shade available. If you haven't bee here since 2008, it's at a whole new facility. Much more room.

AlanN
Jul-06-2010, 7:11am
Hi Mike,

When you recover :mandosmiley:, would love a report on the festival, for us home bound pickers.

Michael Ramsey
Jul-07-2010, 11:19am
http://www2.morganton.com/news/2010/jul/07/festival-drew-8000-day-ar-270861/

evanreilly
Jul-07-2010, 5:36pm
F5Loar got a bad case of the case of the geriatric vapors earlier in the week & we didn't make it, sorry to say.....