PDA

View Full Version : David "Dagger" Gordon - The Scottish Mandolin Tutor

NewsFetcher
Mar-30-2010, 8:49am
The Mandolin Cafe has posted news:
David "Dagger" Gordon - The Scottish Mandolin Tutor
http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001204.shtml

The Scottish Mandolin Tutor is a new publication by David "Dagger" Gordon available from Taigh na Teud Music Publishers of Scotland.

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. NOTE: the addition of images, videos, links and other coding is turned OFF for this area so as not to compete with or interfere with the news item.

Scott Tichenor
Mar-30-2010, 8:57am
I'd like to be the first to congratulate Dagger on his fine new publication The Scottish Mandolin Tutor. I've spent time listening to the CD that accompanies the book and read through a few of the tunes and the notes on each. Really well done and should provide a lot of good instruction and entertainment for those of you interested in Scottish Music. An outstanding publication all the way around.

Dagger Gordon
Mar-30-2010, 11:28am
I'm delighted to hear you like it Scott.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Dagger

JeffD
Apr-27-2010, 10:52am
Yes congratulations. Its a nich that has not been adequately addressed until now. I look forward to getting my copy.

Perry
Apr-27-2010, 11:28am
I have my copy; nicely done.

In addition to the musical content I really admire the graphic layout of the publication. The layout of this book and Simon Mayor's books really outshine most of my U.S. publications.

Back to musical content; these tunes are very accessible to beginners IMHO

Dagger Gordon
Apr-29-2010, 7:30am
Thanks a lot.

I'm pleased to say it has also been well received on Britain's main mandolin website Mandolin.org.uk

The graphics were done by the publisher's sister Ruth Johnston, and I must say I think she made a great job.

Cheers,

Dagger