PDA

View Full Version : 33/34 National Triolian Polychrome

JimRichter
Mar-24-2010, 8:57pm
Here's my recently-acquired 33/34 polychrome Triolian tenor. Pretty much all original save tailpiece, biscuit and tuners. Great instrument!

qWGJg1s5hZY

Oggy
Mar-25-2010, 3:01am
Cool tenor Jim! And great playing, as always.

Now, where can I get me one of those?

MandoNicity
Mar-25-2010, 3:30am
Wow! Way cool!!! Great piece and playing! How are you tuning that?

bluesmandolinman
Mar-25-2010, 4:44am
fantastic playing Jim and congrats to this great sounding tenor

JimRichter
Mar-25-2010, 6:56am
Wow! Way cool!!! Great piece and playing! How are you tuning that?

standard tenor tuning: C G D A.

JEStanek
Mar-25-2010, 7:43am
Fun-cool stuff, Jim. Very tasty playing as well.

Jamie

hank
Mar-25-2010, 7:47am
Way Cool Acoustic Metal Mr. Richter. Seems like Dan Beimborn used a similar tenor axe in some of Shatter the Calm.

danb
Mar-25-2010, 9:59am
Seems like Dan Beimborn used a similar tenor axe in some of Shatter the Calm.

Here's one of my cuts. Mine's an English made reso-tenor, "chanticleer" from builder Patrick Arbuthnot.

LWwmhj92-Cw

hank
Mar-25-2010, 10:28am
Sweet, Two bases how about third. Have we any tin tenor's with the blues or singing some of those south of the border songs?:mandosmiley:

Martin Jonas
Mar-25-2010, 1:20pm
Sweet, Two bases how about third. Have we any tin tenor's with the blues or singing some of those south of the border songs?:mandosmiley:

I've ordered a webcam, and once I get it (and have figured out how to use it), I was planning on recording a few clips on my reso tenor. Not that it'll sound much like either Jim or Dan...

Martin

JimRichter
Mar-25-2010, 4:21pm
I'd seen this clip Dan (along w/ the one out at the club in SF). Love it. Wish I had your right hand, cause I can't jig to safe my life :).

JimRichter
Mar-25-2010, 4:24pm
Way Cool Acoustic Metal Mr. Richter. Seems like Dan Beimborn used a similar tenor axe in some of Shatter the Calm.

Difference might be is that mine, as a Triolian, is a steel body w/ paint. Dan's looks to be a brass body with either German silver or nickel like a Style O. Here's will have a bit brighter, broader sound than mine. Am I right about yours, Dan?

danb
Mar-25-2010, 6:52pm
Difference might be is that mine, as a Triolian, is a steel body w/ paint. Dan's looks to be a brass body with either German silver or nickel like a Style O. Here's will have a bit brighter, broader sound than mine. Am I right about yours, Dan?

Mine's very heavy (steel I think) with chrome & a quarterman cone. I had a national reso tenor that was mellower, this one is brash as all get out

danb
Mar-25-2010, 6:53pm
Oh yeah- this was my national back from the "Shatter" release party
bdiKIjPoOKc

Rob Gerety
Mar-26-2010, 7:27pm
Great stuff. Love to hear what the bottleneck sounds like on those tenors.

Martin Jonas
Mar-28-2010, 6:41pm
I've ordered a webcam, and once I get it (and have figured out how to use it), I was planning on recording a few clips on my reso tenor. Not that it'll sound much like either Jim or Dan...

I've just posted a clip of my reso tenor over in the thread on that instrument here (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?57611-New-resonator-tenor&p=784544), but I'll post the link here as well to keep the reso clips together:

qCmfhbMSKm0

Martin