PDA

View Full Version : My brand spanking new Stanley!

mando_steve
Mar-23-2010, 8:58pm
Here's my new baby. She sounds as good as she looks too.

http://www.stanleymandolin.com/page%2051.html

Mike Bunting
Mar-23-2010, 9:06pm
Welcome to the club, you are going to love that mandolin. What's the #? Mine is #20 and is a great one, gets better the more I play it.

mando_steve
Mar-23-2010, 9:11pm
It's #51. Here's a link:

http://www.stanleymandolin.com/page%2051.html

sgarrity
Mar-23-2010, 9:15pm
Yessir, that is purdy!! I've always liked Stanleys!

Mike Bunting
Mar-23-2010, 9:44pm
That's a humdinger all right! I know someone in western Canada who has 3! He's finally decided to let 2 of them go. If anybody is interested, just let me know. I am not involved in any way, I just met the fellow when I was searching for mine and he wasn't selling any then.

Andrew B. Carlson
Mar-24-2010, 12:32am
I've always thought that Stanleys were among the most beautiful mandolins. The woods and colors are just perfect! Gotta love that top grain!

citycountryguy
Mar-24-2010, 9:34am
Gorgeous!

Cheryl Watson
Mar-24-2010, 9:56am
Congrads! Really nice one piece back!

mando_steve
Mar-24-2010, 3:13pm
Congrads! Really nice one piece back!

Looking into that one piece back I become practically entranced and feel as though I could leave this world and walk right into the back of that Stanley like one would walk into a painting. There's a three dimensional, hologram-type visual to it as well. Turn the back at an angle and it changes. Turn it at another angle: different visual. Pretty cool. Too bad that gorgeous back will spend most of it's time hiding up against my beer gut!

Thanks for the kind words guys.

wundo
Mar-24-2010, 4:17pm
That A5 looks good too!

mando_steve
Mar-25-2010, 5:17pm
Gonna try to post some photos of my new Stanley. If it works you can thank Jamie for his post today explaining how to post an image. If it doesn't work you can blame me for not be able to follow his instructions. Ha!

B. T. Walker
Mar-25-2010, 8:49pm
Very, very nice looking. The scroll is particularly fine. Congratulations...now, enjoy.

grassrootphilosopher
Mar-26-2010, 5:48am
I like the general appearance except the "new" Logo (I prefer the old style), the headstock inlay (he could perform such a nice fern) and the small pickguard. But hey, itīs not my mandolin. I allways wanted to be able to try a Stanley out.

You got a video/soundclip? Post it please.

Malcolm G.
Mar-26-2010, 6:25am
Would have posted earlier, but my keyboard shorted-out from my drooling.

That is gorgeous!

Gotta sound great, too!

billkilpatrick
Mar-26-2010, 7:14am
beautiful looking instrument - you WON'T! need another ... right?