PDA

View Full Version : Tim Connell & Eric Skye in Los Angeles This Weekend

min7b5
Mar-15-2010, 5:01pm
Forgive my spam:)

Mando maestro Tim Connell and myself will be doing a house concert this Saturday March 20th, at 6:30, in Los Angeles California.

If you’re in the area we sure love to see you. Email min7b5@yahoo.com[/email] for more information or to reserve a spot now.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/min7b5/l_919bf742550b422a883811ef1336cfe9.jpg

This is is now also gathering for folks on the Acoustic Guitar Forum. So I think the plan is going to be people start coming at 2pm, There will be food etc. I'm sure everyone is bringing a guitar or mandolin, jamming will ensue... and then Tim and I will do the concert at 6:30. You can contact Dennis at IslandBBQ@gmail.com for more info on all that. I think it’s going to be $22 for the day,including food, or $15 for just the concert. Tim and I are super excited about this gig. (and hoping for a little sunshine down there too!)

Daniel Nestlerode
Mar-15-2010, 5:18pm
I've seen Eric twice, once solo and once with Tim C. Great players, well worth your time and money.

You don't have to "get" Jazz to love what Eric and Tim do. If you like instrumental acoustic music with some funkiness to the rhythm and some complexity in the harmony, you'll love these guys.

Daniel

sgarrity
Mar-15-2010, 9:32pm
I'll be there!

Jim DeSalvio
Mar-16-2010, 7:17am
I wish stuff like this happened where I live (NOT! Central Illinois).

Good luck with the show. I have the new CD, and it is killer good!

Jim D

AW Meyer
Mar-16-2010, 11:24am
I'm also a fan of the new cd. This video should give folks a good idea of what to expect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeItY90BPuw&feature=related

min7b5
Mar-16-2010, 1:33pm
Thanks Daniel
Yeah, we'll be playing some jazz and bossa for sure, but we've also been working on some Bill Monroe and a fiddle tune or two. Tim will probably do a few solo choro things, and I think I'm going to play a lilttle solo quasi-classical etude in 7/8 I made up, we've even played a Flight Of The Concords tune recently, so who knows what's going to go down :)

min7b5
Mar-19-2010, 10:04am
I'll be there!

Awesome. See ya tomorrow!

I wish stuff like this happened where I live (NOT! Central Illinois).

It could :)

I think as long as we can get enough people to a house concert to offset travel, cop a meal... Tim and I are definitely wanting to get out there more this year...