PDA

View Full Version : Ability to search for specific user's posts within social groups

Don Christy
Mar-10-2010, 8:10am
Does anyone know if it's possible and how one would go about searching for a specific person's posts to the social groups areas?

For example, let's say I want to find any posts that Don Grieser made within the Song of the Week social group. I can't seem to make that happen.

Thanks
Don

MikeEdgerton
Mar-10-2010, 9:08am
Unless Scott has another way to do it, I don't see it. Going to Advanced Search and searching by his username gives you all his posts. The red icon for the Social Group postings identifies them as such, the name of the social group is on the right side of the listing. You should be able to scan through the subjects pretty quickly to find what you're looking for. Beyond that I have no other suggestions. Searching using Goggle and the line:

Don Grieser "song of the week" site:www.mandolincafe.com

That did bring up some stuff but not individual posts. If you have a keyword from the message that might get you what you're looking for.

Scott Tichenor
Mar-10-2010, 2:34pm
This may not work exactly as you want, but I'm having luck going to Advanced Search (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/search.php) and make sure you select Search Multiple Content Types. Check that you are searching Group Messages. Enter the user's exact user name--stressing--if this is incorrect the search won't turn up anything. No need to enter a keyword, just the user name. Hit search and it appears to me it finds all groups this user has posted in, but doesn't then split them out by certain pre-selected groups as you're wishing. There are other options below that to assist in how the returns are displayed.