PDA

View Full Version : Chad Fadely - iMando

NewsFetcher
Mar-10-2010, 7:30am
Chad Fadely - iMando
http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001190.shtml

iMando is the newest release of mostly original compositions from Montana based mandolinist Chad Fadely and follows up his successful 2007 release The Back Room and 2005's Mandolin Escapes.

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. Note that the addition of images, videos, links and other coding is turned OFF for this area.

Scott Tichenor
Mar-10-2010, 7:33am
Cut from the recording available on the Cafe MP3 page. Terrific recording from a guy that always turns out some tasty playing.

Spruce
Mar-10-2010, 11:24am
Tasty recording....

I'm featuring the opening cut on one of my podcasts--"Orcas Isle", which was written here during Chad's visit to the island.

Now if I can only figure out whether it's pronounced "Fade-lee" or "Fad-lee"... ;-)

mandopete
Mar-10-2010, 1:58pm
I think it's pronounced "Ch-ad"

;)

Great recording froma great guy - features our bass player, Mary Sackmann on a few cuts.

5 Stars!

Spruce
Mar-10-2010, 2:21pm
I just emailed him...

It's "Fade-lee"...

AlanN
Mar-10-2010, 2:37pm
Me likee Mr. Fadely's Gilchrist, particularly that itty-bitty pickguard.

250sc
Mar-10-2010, 5:27pm
Great tone and chops.

John Rosett
Mar-11-2010, 2:57pm
I just bought a copy, but I forgot to get it autographed.
I think he should drop the last name all together (just for performance) and just go with "Chad".

Jason Kindall
Mar-11-2010, 8:06pm
Why is it that every time I dig in and find the make of a particularly particularly mouth-watering mandolin tone I find its a Gilchrist? Man oh man. What tone.

I'm gonna have to order this one (the CD that is).

themattster
Oct-05-2012, 3:06pm
I just emailed him...

It's "Fade-lee"...

How did you get a hold of Chad Fadely's email? I would really like to obtain some tabs for the song " The Back Room".

George R. Lane
Oct-05-2012, 4:01pm
You can contact him at Greg Boyd's House of Fine Instruments.
gregboyd.com

SternART
Oct-05-2012, 4:57pm
It says he also plays a Fletcher Brock mandolin.

doc holiday
Oct-05-2012, 5:10pm
Chad plays a Gil mandolin & a Fletcher Brock Octave mandolin. He won't be letting go of that Gil, that's for sure.

George R. Lane
Oct-05-2012, 6:05pm
Here is a photo I took of Chad (with his Gilchrist) and Michael Cleveland playing at a after concert party, in Helena last June. Michael came to town to play with my late friend Walt Timmerman (aka Bill Jr.).

Wilbur James
Oct-06-2012, 7:14am
Does anybody know what year Chads Gilchrist is?