PDA

View Full Version : Profile question (just curious)

CoMando
Mar-09-2010, 9:17pm
On my profile, Under "User Notes"

I have this:

Default Imported Note

Imported user

What does this mean??

JEStanek
Mar-09-2010, 9:18pm
These, I believe are what everyone got when we migrated to the new version of the Café software about a year ago. Everyone has one.

Jamie

greg_tsam
Jun-29-2012, 1:07am
My user note says Sept 9, 2008 and my profile says my join date was Mar 2008 but I thought I was a member before that. Just curious myself since this bug-a-boo has stuck in my brain for the past year or two. :cow:

rgray
Jun-29-2012, 3:55am
Seems like a minor glitch. I have zero user notes.

Scott Tichenor
Jun-29-2012, 8:15am
I've never had an interest in this feature so it's mostly turned off unless you'd like to make a note about yourself. We do not as owners or moderators make use of these. I believe for members who were around when we ran the previous version that it shows your membership was imported from another database which is what the opening post refers to.

Here's the official description:

Users with permission to read / write usernotes are now able to go to a profile of a member and leave usernotes about this person. This feature is intended to allow staff members to discuss members and keep the information organized rather then having a variety of threads in a staff forum.

journeybear
Jun-29-2012, 9:26am
Well, we're all from somewhere ... ;) Like that James McMurtry song: I'm not from here, I just live here.

I have noticed this myself, now and then,, only because there is a (1) next to the item on the menu list. That note, the same as yours, is now almost four years old, same date as Greg's. I've always assumed it was something that appeared during a software upgrade and never paid it much mind. I'll probably forget about it in a fvew minutes. ;)

greg_tsam
Jun-29-2012, 11:43am
I was just curious when I joined the M/C. I don't care about the user note, really. It's just stuck in my head that I've been here longer than that and now my poor brain is racking itself trying to find the "lost" years. No biggie. I've forgotten way too much already that I didn't know in the first place. (I'm starting to channel Frank W. now.)

Scott Tichenor
Jun-29-2012, 11:59am
Sep-09-2008, 8:17am is the date your account and most others were imported into the database. The server placed that there. Nothing has been lost, nothing has been changed. Should be pretty obvious why this area is not used. If it's bothering you, you could always post a new note stating your thoughts.

greg_tsam
Jun-30-2012, 4:16am
No, it doesn't bother me at all. Just a tidbit of information that stuck in my head and left me wondering if I have been here as long as I thought or am I delusional. I'm probably delusional as usual.