PDA

View Full Version : Gavin Baird 2010 A5

Gavin Baird
Mar-02-2010, 7:16pm
Attached are some photos of a current A5 that is destined for New Hampshire. It is composed of European Spruce top "Spruces" Big leaf Maple back and sides, "Spruces" Red Maple neck, Satin Wood head stock, stainless steel frets, "Allen" tail piece and spirit varnish tobacco finish...Hope Jim likes it..best regards to all... Gavin...Forgot.. all ebony binding

JEStanek
Mar-02-2010, 7:59pm
Nice one, again, Gavin! Congratulations to Jim in NH. I'm sure he'll love it.

Jamie

red7flag
Mar-02-2010, 8:10pm
Beautiful instrument. Very tasteful. Love that matted red finish. Bet it sounds great too.

Skip Kelley
Mar-03-2010, 10:43am
Nice looking mandolin, Gavin! I've always loved your peghead shape and I like how your truss rod cover matches that as well!:)

AW Meyer
Mar-03-2010, 10:48am
Another great looking mandolin, Gavin.

Randy Smith
Mar-03-2010, 1:45pm
Another really well done one again. Thanks for the pictures, wonderful work.

R.S.

Wesley
Mar-03-2010, 2:57pm
I've never played one but Gavin's mandolins are easily some of the prettiest on the planet. And I'm guessing they sound pretty darn good too. I know that Peter O has coaxed some wonderful tones out of his.

jasona
Mar-03-2010, 7:22pm
Great looking mandolin!

Clamdigger
Mar-04-2010, 8:06am
I am happy to say that the Gavin Baird A5 is not going to Jim in New Hampshire but to me, Jim in Rhode Island. Gavin makes great looking and sounding mandolins and I can't wait to get my hands on this one. He built an F4 for me some years ago and I foolishly sold it. Everything on the mandolin with the exception of tailpiece, strings and tuners are handmade by Gavin including the black ebony tuner buttons. His attention to detail is second to none. Jim

John Kinn
Mar-04-2010, 8:43am
How about some sound clips when it's safe at home?

hank
Mar-04-2010, 8:54am
luckylarue posted some nice video clips in the post a video of yourself thread(670 & 671). I really like the smooth clear voice on this A4. Great playing luckylarue, you and your Baird are a winning combination.

Gavin Baird
Mar-04-2010, 9:04am
Thanks to all for your kind remarks and a special apology to Jim...my old mind isn't clicking the way it used to..perhaps fortunately....a good day to all...Gavin

Don Grieser
Mar-04-2010, 9:54am
Jim, congratulations. I'm sure it'll sound every bit as good as it looks. Gavin, very classy. It just exudes quality everywhere.

Clamdigger
Mar-04-2010, 10:50am
Yes, I will post a clip. The F4 came out of the box sounding like it was already broken in and I am sure the A5 will too. Clamdigger

mingusb1
Mar-06-2010, 1:04am
Was just listening to "Meeting On Southern Soil" today. Pretty sure that's a Baird that Peter is playing and it sounds wonderful!

Z

Clamdigger
Mar-06-2010, 10:46am
Hey Mingusb1: Where did you hear "Meeting on Southern Soil" by Peter? Clamdigger

B. T. Walker
Mar-06-2010, 10:48am
Very, very nice.

Jim Roberts
Mar-07-2010, 1:28am
First class builder and you won't meet a nicer guy. Stellar looking mandolin, Gav! I'll bet it's a sweetie.

Chuck Naill
Mar-08-2010, 11:53am
Hey Mingusb1: Where did you hear "Meeting on Southern Soil" by Peter? Clamdigger

It is a collaboration between Peter O and Norman Blake. I highly recommend, BTW.

Very nice mandolin, Gavin. You are a true artist.

Clamdigger
Mar-08-2010, 12:12pm
Thanks Chuck. Will check it out. Clamdigger

Clamdigger
Mar-24-2010, 9:13am
My Gavin Baird A5 has arrived and I could not be more pleased. Plays like a dream. Has a nice full tone right out of the box, the volume of an F model and Gavin's usual great workmanship. Will post a clip in the future. Clamdigger

luckylarue
Mar-26-2010, 8:24am
A new mando...like Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa all rolled into one. Congrats, clamdigger. Can't wait to hear/see this beauty.