PDA

View Full Version : woodsong site

hellindc
Feb-11-2004, 11:48pm
In the Robinella thread, someone recommended the Woodsong site at the U. of Kentucky. It looks great, but I can't get any of the archive programs to play. Well, I did get one sound file for 56k modem (I have DSL, so I should be able to play the others), but nothing else. Certainly none of the video. I'm not talking about the "live" show, which you only get at the appropriate hour.

Has anyone else got it to work. Here's the link, if you're curious: http://www.woodsongs.com/showlist.asp

The site looks terrific. I'de like to take advantage of it.

hellindc
Feb-12-2004, 12:04am
Duh!! Got it to work by pasting in the URL, just as it says in the FAQ. I'm an idiot, but maybe I can point you all to a good site.

John Flynn
Feb-12-2004, 10:39am
Another trick with Woodsongs that has been discussed on the board before is to right click on the file, do a "save as" to your hard drive and then run it from your hard drive, using you media player. For many people, it runs better that way and also it enables the "fast forward" feature, so you can cut to the music.

Dru Lee Parsec
Feb-13-2004, 5:18pm
Or, depending on what operating system you're using, right click on the video link and select "Play in new window". The Windows Media Player should open up. #It will start playing the concert before it's fully downloaded. #Once it's downloaded you can select "File/Save Media As" and you can then save the show as a file on your hard drive.

If you just want to download it then you can also right click and do a "Save Target As" to save the file.

Andy R
Feb-16-2004, 11:59pm
[QUOTE]Another trick with Woodsongs that has been discussed on the board before is to right click on the file, do a "save as" to your hard drive and then run it from your hard drive, using you media player. For many people, it runs better that way and also it enables the "fast forward" feature, so you can cut to the music.

For some reason, this only works for me on the older versions of the Widnows Media Player. All of the downloads can fast forward with the older players. Only a couple can fast forward with the newer versions. I haven't a clue why this is the case, but then again, I haven't a clue as to why a LOT of stuff that happens with PCs happens.