PDA

View Full Version : Quick Reply Issue

journeybear
Feb-27-2010, 2:43pm
Hi Scott

I'm sorry my previous thread got wacky. Its title was waaay too broad.

I'm still having this problem, and so did Dan Nestlerode. (For you late to the party, the issue is that clicking on the Reply button brings up a Quck Reply pane, rather than the advanced pane I used to get.) It is NOT a big deal, and as I said, clicking on Go Advanced solves it. And occasionally the advanced pane appears anyway - I haven't discerned a pattern yet. If someone else has an idea concerning this issue, I'd like to hear it. But Scott, you've got more pressing matters I'm sure, so don't worry about this. Thanks again for your time spent on this so far.

I am certainly enjoying other new features very much, and embrace the changes.

Scott Tichenor
Feb-27-2010, 4:54pm
You can double-click the +Reply to Thread and it will bring up the advanced reply function.

journeybear
Feb-27-2010, 5:13pm
Sorry to report, that doesn't work for me. If it means anything, I have whatever version of IE that came with XP. Clicking on "Go Advanced" is one more step but not the end of the world. I can manage. ;)

JEStanek
Feb-27-2010, 10:07pm
The double click works with Firefox. Neato, I didn't know liky buttons could be click dependent!

Rick Lindstrom
Mar-06-2010, 9:25am
The double click works with Firefox. Neato, I didn't know liky buttons could be click dependent!

Seems to work only the first time or not at all for me in Firefox. Maybe there should be a button for "Advanced Reply" next to the "Reply" button.

Rick

Steve Etter
Mar-06-2010, 10:58am
I find in Firefox that a single-click on the "+ Reply to Thread" sends me to the Quick Reply and a double-click pulls up the Advanced Reply.

Steve

Rob Fowler
Mar-06-2010, 11:28am
Yup...the double click works for me to while using Firefox. Thanks for the tip, Scott!

Now I can add the ~:> again!

MikeEdgerton
Mar-06-2010, 11:55am
Sorry to report, that doesn't work for me. If it means anything, I have whatever version of IE that came with XP. Clicking on "Go Advanced" is one more step but not the end of the world. I can manage. ;)

Check your mouse speed settings.

Rob Gerety
Mar-06-2010, 1:24pm
Works for me using Firefox.

journeybear
Mar-06-2010, 11:07pm
Check your mouse speed settings.
Tried it - nope. Thanks. Don't think this is worth changing to Firefox for, unless there are other compelling reasons. Kind of surprised people with IE aren't piping up about this - makes me think it's just me. :crying:

MikeEdgerton
Mar-06-2010, 11:47pm
It's working for IE for me. It also works in Firefox for me. I've tried it on XP, Vista, and Windows 7, and on IE 7 and 8. I don't have IE 6 on any PC's anymore. It might be unique to that version.

Barbara Shultz
Mar-07-2010, 1:19am
The double click works for me on my Mac in Firefox, but not in Safari.