PDA

View Full Version : We're open - ONE BUG - please read

Scott Tichenor
Feb-27-2010, 8:31am
Disregard. This issue has been resolved.

danb
Feb-27-2010, 8:35am
or is that one so far? :)

Scott Tichenor
Feb-27-2010, 8:46am
Har. Fixed. Now we'll just sit back and await the arrival of many positive comments. Yea, right.

fatt-dad
Feb-27-2010, 8:58am
seems to work. I know nothing about the behind the scenes stuff, but so far so good. Consider this a positive comment!

Good morning!

f-d

MikeEdgerton
Feb-27-2010, 8:59am
Clicking on the Mandolin Cafe header no longer takes you back to the homepage.

That has been fixed. Thanks. -- Scott

Joe-TN
Feb-27-2010, 9:11am
Amazing how you managed to get it running early. One comment...the new layout for the social groups mashes the threads to the right. Is that a function of my settings or is it something that might be revised back to the old layout where the thread box is pretty much full width?

Duh...once you open a thread it is fine. The thread list on the first page is both mashed and pushed "below the fold". A div layout issue, I'm sure, but I liked the earlier presentation better.

Joe

Barbara Shultz
Feb-27-2010, 9:15am
Scott, I'm not sure how this works when you do something this big, if you want people to write you with glitches they come upon... I noticed this morning, when checking out social groups (cool new look, by the way), that in the category of groups I belong to, for each group, it says 'last activity' and gives a date, and then 'latest discussion' and gives a topic. When I go to the group, I can't find anything new to correspond with the last activity. Not a big deal... many of the groups I belong to don't have regular activity, so I'll just look at the list of my groups, and only check the ones that look like someone has posted something new. The old way, it seemed that the name of the group would be BOLD if something new had posted.

It also seems that the list of discussions, replies, dates, etc., is inconsistent. For example, in the Weber fan group. It says the latest activity was yesterday at 5:33, but I don't find anything obvious that happened then. When you click on the group itself, At the top of the discussion list is "hi" posted by belerecords, and it says the latest reply is by Riley on 9/23/09. But when you go to it, the original post was on 9/23/09 and Riley replied on 1/26/10. On the second post, it says it's Introduction, posted by me, and last reply by Jill on 4/19/2009. I originally posted it on 4/19/2009, and Jill last replied on 1/5/2010. So, it seems that the date that goes with the 'latest reply' should be the reply date, but it's actually the original post date. Is that the way it's supposed to be? I see that on the regular forum discussions, it is laid out as usual.... the discussion started by the originator with the date, and the reply with the replier, and the date/time of the reply.

When you get past this, and are tweaking, could you put a 'reply to thread' at the top of the group discussions (like on the regular forum) in addition to at the bottom? Not a biggie, but I'd like it!

I like the new look!

Scott Tichenor
Feb-27-2010, 9:19am
Can I ask that everyone start a new thread about your particular questions/issues. Mashing them all into one thread is difficult and counter-productive. I'm not necessarily going to be able to answer everything right away and would encourage users to familiarize themselves with the new software as much as possible. And I welcome anyone that knows the answers to assist. Most of this hasn't changed that much. One of me, lots of you, and I'm a good five hours into my work day at 8:30.