PDA

View Full Version : Social Group pages "jamming up"

mandocrucian
Feb-21-2010, 10:51am
I type a post, and then preview it, but then the page may only partially load - I see the preview section, but the editting box and the posting buttons never load. You can't move forward, but when you hit "back", you lose everything you wrote.

The same thing has happened when I've hit refresh on a (non-posting) page - only part of the page loads.

Niles H

Scott Tichenor
Feb-21-2010, 11:03am
What you've described is a connection problem with your web access. You can have the world's greatest connection, but if there are problems in the chain along the way, this can and will happen on any web site. To be on the safe side, you can always copy your post before you submit or preview. Making easy keyboard shortcuts on a long post is a safe and reasonable practice. Control + a to selection all, Control + c to copy, Control + v to paste.

mandocrucian
Feb-21-2010, 11:11am
I did copy the half-loaded preview onto a blank e-mail, before hitting "back". Had to recode the bold highlights, but no big deal.

On long posts, I have gotten into the habit of copying the message (with coding) as a backup, or typing it on an email first and then pasting a copy. Hate it when I've spent 20+ minutes writing something up and then for whatever reason - connection, screw-up, etc.) it's wasted effort.)