PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Band here in my town

pickinBob
Sep-14-2004, 7:20pm
Are these guys traditional Irish? I havent ever heard of them, me being new to irish music. Should I go see them?

Strathspey
Sep-14-2004, 7:38pm
They aren't too bad. Too bad Iain MacDonald isn't with them anymore. "After hours really let your hair down. After hours when the lights are low. Forget about your troubles and morning blues. Put up another round, put up another round."
They'd be much better if Iain MacDonald were still with them and you were heading out on the spree http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

Matt

Bob DeVellis
Sep-14-2004, 7:43pm
They're Scottish, actually.

otterly2k
Sep-14-2004, 8:46pm
Absolutely... go hear them! They've been around for a long time... as I recall, a lot of great piping. I don't recall much mando, but so what? Good music is good music...
KE

Steph
Sep-14-2004, 8:56pm
As BobD says - they are Scottish - been through many lineup changes over their long history - when Brian McNeil was in the lineup they had lots of mando and cittern - When I last saw them Ged Foley was in the band - great mando and fiddle playing. The keyboards are not exactly trad but if they were playing nearby I'd check them out.

Steve L
Sep-15-2004, 6:01am
When I saw them a couple of years ago, Pat Kilbride was back in the band. He's a good cittern player, and yes, you should definitely see them! I hope they come to Boston.

steve V. johnson
Sep-15-2004, 2:26pm
YES, you should!

(And why not? <GG>)

stv

Bren
Sep-15-2004, 3:07pm
See them and have your trad horizons expanded even further.

pickinBob
Sep-18-2004, 11:07am
The band is doing a celtic workshop today at 2pm for me. I am trying to get to that be cause we have a birthday party for the wife that will keep me grom the show tonight.

Mutiny
Sep-20-2004, 2:27am
Just saw in the paper that they're playing here october 3rd with kevin burke. I always love the chance to see live music.

pickinBob
Sep-20-2004, 9:44pm
major bummer! missed it all!