PDA

View Full Version : Thread tools

jasona
Feb-11-2010, 9:14pm
Hi guys,

This forum is vBulletin isn't it? Any chance that the thread tools could be activated? Being able to ignore threads wholesale might be something some users might like. I know I find it useful from time to time elsewhere.

Cheers, Jason

Scott Tichenor
Feb-11-2010, 10:55pm
Appears this is an add-on from vbulletin.org because it's not standard in the software install that I'm aware of. Only one I saw was a hack not supported by the software provider so I wouldn't even consider installing it. Right now I've been working pretty much full-time for 2 weeks on the next generation of forum software so something like this probably won't even be on my radar for a few months.

jasona
Feb-12-2010, 12:18am
Understood Scott. I just heard back from the admin of the other board, its a hack called "comprehensive ignore system" (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=181626). I thought it was built into the software.

Its bloody useful though.

Scott Tichenor
Feb-12-2010, 7:47am
I like the idea of that kind of functionality, but cautious about installing software that's not supported by the company that developed the forum. Plus, this is 3.X software and we're headed to 4.X soon, ie., don't remodel the kitchen right before you sell the house.

Ted Eschliman
Feb-12-2010, 11:08am
Scott, don't be startin' no rumors about selling the Cafe, now...

jasona
Feb-13-2010, 3:09am
I like the idea of that kind of functionality, but cautious about installing software that's not supported by the company that developed the forum. Plus, this is 3.X software and we're headed to 4.X soon, ie., don't remodel the kitchen right before you sell the house.

True enough. I think we are either at or are approaching the 4.0 on the other forum (on which I am a mod). We've never had an issue with functionality with this hack to this point, but I will keep you posted if you'd like.