PDA

View Full Version : Tabledit viewer operation

Tom F
Feb-10-2010, 5:36pm
Does anyone know where i can find instructions, or a cheat sheet, that describes how to use and control TE-Viewer?

In addition to general instruction, I am also looking for computer keyboard "hot buttons" for how to pause, continue, stop, how to select a section to repeat/loop, etc. I get how to use the window toolbar that has many of these, but would like to use the keyboard.

For instance, I figured out that the space bar pauses. But unlike the pause in the toolbar that I would click with a mouse, the space bar leaves a blue line and box which then becomes the default starting point, and tough to get rid of. What is that ?

Thanks.

fishtownmike
Feb-10-2010, 6:01pm
http://www.tabledit.com/faq/index.shtml
The have a Tutorial section.

bennyb
Feb-10-2010, 6:46pm
While tefview is open, F1 should get you the help index, click on hotkeys for the list of what you can do from keyboard. Home gets you back to the top, f12 starts again. I think shift + f10 plays your selection again. That's about as far as I go :-).

benny

Tom F
Feb-11-2010, 9:41am
Thanks all, now I am starting to get somewhere.

After hitting the space bar to start or pause, and the space bar to continue, a blue line appears at that spot while the tune plays on.
No blue line is initiated when I click the pause/play icon on the tool bar; only when using the space bar.
After clicking the space bar and the space bar again to resume play, the blue line is set, but only stays if I click the pause icon in the tool bar.
What I have been doing is... once the blue line is set and the tune is playing, I click the rewind or return icon on the tool bar, and the cursor returns to the blue line marker; which you can use as sort of as a loop; but playing an instrument and reaching for the mouse and finding the icon is clumbsy.

Is there an easy hot key to return the cursor to the blue line marker? Or,

Can two of those blue lines as markers be initiated and can I play the passage between them ? I.e. what would be nice is if there is a way to automatically have a selection repeat/loop with minimal or no interaction; similar to what slow downer does.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks again.