PDA

View Full Version : Saw Sam Bush, Edgar Meyer, and Jerry Douglas last night!

aphillips
Feb-10-2010, 12:28pm
Wow what an amazing concert. It was at the Lobero Theater in Santa Barbara and I believe it was the first show of this tour. All three players are just spectacular and they really seem to enjoy each other and the audience on stage. The concert was almost 3 hours with intermission!
So those of you north of Santa Barbara should check out the dates because they are heading that way! :grin:

djweiss
Feb-10-2010, 12:36pm
I'm going Friday in Humboldt County...

-DJW

Rob Fowler
Feb-10-2010, 12:57pm
Yeah! I just got tickets for Friday's show, also! I'll be sitting in the LAST row in the balcony seats since the show was almost sold out....gonna have to bring my binoculars!

David Rawlings Machine this evening!!

fishdawg40
Feb-10-2010, 1:02pm
Yeah! I just got tickets for Friday's show, also! I'll be sitting in the LAST row in the balcony seats since the show was almost sold out....gonna have to bring my binoculars!

David Rawlings Machine this evening!!

Oh, poor guy, you live in Humboldt County and you get to see that amazing band and The Dave Rawlings Machine, I'm really sad for you.....:)

Mike Bromley
Feb-10-2010, 1:52pm
They'll be in Banff on Sunday....

aphillips
Feb-10-2010, 2:46pm
Oh awesome - I'm going to have to check on the Dave Rawlings.

Rob Fowler
Feb-10-2010, 4:36pm
Oh, poor guy, you live in Humboldt County and you get to see that amazing band and The Dave Rawlings Machine, I'm really sad for you.....:)

Yeah...it's a sad state of affairs in Humboldt.:))

djweiss
Feb-10-2010, 5:04pm
Real pity, Rob...Also, don't forget David Long with the Asylum Street Spankers on Feb 25.

Bluman
Feb-10-2010, 10:11pm
I'm headed to their show in Banff on Sunday, so it was great to read the review.

pjlama
Feb-10-2010, 11:47pm
Just add Bela and Bryan and you have the Teluride House Band. Always a favorite, I gotta see if they're coming down here. Edgar is my favorite musician!

ChrisC
Feb-15-2010, 1:28am
I was fortunate enough to attend the superb first show of the tour and managed to transcribe the setlist. Here it is, if anyone is interested:

Bush, Meyer, & Douglas
Lobero Theatre, Santa Barbara, CA
Feb. 9, 2010

First Set:
1. Unfolding
2. Junior Heywood
3. Glide
4. Emphysema Two Step
5. Fosters Reel
6. Texas Red
7. Route Irish
8. Bounce
9. BT

Second Set:
1. From Ankara to Izmir
2. Pushed Too Far
3. Green Slime
4. Duke and Cookie
5. Duet
6. Early Morning
7. Death By Triple Fiddle
8. (encore) Ralph's Banjo Special

A fine, fine show indeed. Wonder how it compared to others on the tour?

Bluman
Feb-15-2010, 1:37pm
Great show in Banff last night as well. It has always amazed me how much music can come from 3 instruments when played by 3 accomplished musicians. The concert last night certainly confirmed this indeed.

aphillips
Feb-15-2010, 6:48pm
Hey Chris - awesome I couldn't remember most of the names so that helps a lot. Man it was a great show.

woodwizard
Feb-15-2010, 7:12pm
Just to read those names makes you think about what a great show is in the making. Anyone record any of it?

ChrisC
Feb-16-2010, 6:44pm
I hope a recording of one of the shows on this tour does surface somewhere, because the one that I saw was extaordinary and I imagine they all were. In any event, I like to compile setlists, because after the show is over, I can then hunt down recorded versions of the songs that were played. Glad that somebody else appreciated seeing the list.

Chris

Rob Fowler
Feb-16-2010, 7:00pm
[QUOTE=ChrisC;769160]I hope a recording of one of the shows on this tour does surface somewhere, because the one that I saw was extaordinary and I imagine they all were.

I've got some video of them playing here in Humboldt this past Friday. I'll try to put them up on youtube real soon.

woodwizard
Feb-21-2010, 2:26am
I like set lists too. A lot of times they will be just laying on the stage after the show. I've gotten a few and had the bands autograph them for me and then framed & hung them up in the music room. Like the Sam Bush Band and Bela Fleck and the Flecktones to name a couple. I think it just looks cool especially with the concert ticket with it.

Rob Fowler
Feb-22-2010, 11:58am
Hi all,
Here's the videos that I got from seeing Sam, Jerry, and Edgar on 12 Feb. 2010 here in Arcata, CA. There were some big-headed people in front of me which I had to deal with. ENJOY!!!

Mostly and audio version of Lochs of Dread:

fWbM8rpwCOQ

A low-quality video (but good) audio version of Bounce:
9eDcN-7gP98

A decent video of Ankara to Izmir:
NP5Bj9YvVmU

BT:
DoYkAfwU71Q

Too Much Too Far:
TGgORPjRXYo

The Green Slime:
QA5hWiUA69A

Duke And Cookie (music starts @ 3:30):
wKdafp7B5xU

Duet (though I'm not sure this is the right name?):
aKTA4Yt8dN8

Death By Triple Fiddle (music starts @ 3:00):
w4H_jkoTzOw

Why Don't You Go Back To The Woods (music starts at 2:04):
bbURT8PuZ_A

Early Morning (music starts @ 1:36):
JpIoxTAd8RE

Daybreak in Dixie to come later........That should keep you all busy for awhile!

Rob Fowler
Feb-22-2010, 1:24pm
Daybreak in Dixie:

Xs5eVCoyC-w

Ronny Stecher
Feb-22-2010, 1:53pm
It looks like they had some fun, Thanx for posting the vid's

woodwizard
Feb-24-2010, 2:26pm
Same here! Thanx for posting the vids! Wish I had been there. Don't think they will be getting too close to Arkansas.:(

wellvis@well.com
Feb-24-2010, 2:38pm
Great stuff! Thanks for posting. I've posted a message on Resonation to share these further.