PDA

View Full Version : For your viewing pleasure

Scotti Adams
Feb-07-2010, 2:33pm
My family buried this fine lady this week...95 yrs old. But in the process of looking at pics I was able to find some neat old pics.

Grandma in the first. The next two is of Bill and I at Beanblossom...circa 1979

Scotti Adams
Feb-07-2010, 2:35pm
Alot of "stars" in these pics..'cept me in the last one. Sunset Jam at Beanblossom. And notice that Bill is playing the "lost Loar".

Scotti Adams
Feb-07-2010, 2:44pm
First pic is the reason its called "The Sunset Jam". Im not aware of too many pics that show Bill and his brother Birch...hes on the fiddle. Second pic is of Sid Campbell,,Tom Gray and John Duffey at Stone Valley Indiana in Sept. of '79..third is of JD and the KY Mtn Boys at Indian Ranch..not sure of the date. Talk about the Bluegrass Hair.

buckles
Feb-07-2010, 3:29pm
more cheerful maybe

Mike Bromley
Feb-07-2010, 3:47pm
Marvellous Lore!

Skip Kelley
Feb-07-2010, 7:18pm
Scotti, So sorry for the loss of your Grandmother. You and your family are in our prayers.

Jill McAuley
Feb-07-2010, 8:25pm
So sorry for your loss, Scotti.

What a treasure those found photos are.

buckhorn
Feb-07-2010, 9:39pm
your loss touches the world and all of us in it...lift your eyes and give thanks for the time...keith

San Rafael
Feb-07-2010, 11:33pm
Peace in the valley for your grandmother.

Great photos. Monroe looks like he's having fun. Duffey looks cool.

8STRNG
Feb-08-2010, 2:26am
Sorry about your grandmother.When someone lives 95 years its hard to comprehend the knowledge they take with them when they leave us.Nice vintage pics!

Scotti Adams
Feb-08-2010, 7:49am
Thanks All!

Patrick Hull
Feb-08-2010, 10:33am
I'm reminded of an old joke regarding your Bean Blosson pic:

"Of course everyone would obviously know one of the fellows in the picture.... goes without saying..... but who is the dude in the funny looking hat?"

condolences on your loss....

Scotti Adams
Feb-08-2010, 11:29am
I'm reminded of an old joke regarding your Bean Blosson pic:

"Of course everyone would obviously know one of the fellows in the picture.... goes without saying..... but who is the dude in the funny looking hat?"

condolences on your loss....

Too funny:grin: