PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my trip

Karl
Feb-11-2004, 4:46pm
Greetings all! I'm not a super poster on here, mostly a reader. Anyhow, I am traveling to Peru for two weeks of missions work in June, with my church here at Penn State, Alliance Christian Fellowship. I'll also be helping to lead some worship with our team and around the area(mando of course in hand). I have to raise quite a bit of money, $1500, which is a fair amount for a college kid. My friend Spence, who is the singer of our band, is also going.
Again, please keep us in your prayers and reflections throughout the semester. Thanks for taking the tiem to read this.

Karl <><
Psalm 139
www.MBYS.net

Coy Wylie
Feb-11-2004, 5:07pm
That trip will likely change your life. Go and be blessed!

Kevin K
Feb-11-2004, 5:51pm
Karl,

I'll remember you guys in my prayers. Thanks for sharing that with us. God will provide.
Blessings,
Kevin

Feb-11-2004, 10:02pm
Sure thing Karl. God bless

Kirk Albrecht
Feb-11-2004, 10:25pm
I am going to Peru - leading a trip - in 9 days! We will be doing construction - concrete, drywall, plumbing, electrical - in a church in Lima - 5 of us for 9 days. I was there over 2 years ago, looking forward to returning.

Have fun, enjoy the culture and food. It will be cooler in June, cloudy and moist. We are hitting Peruvian summer.

Dios ustedes bendiga,

Kirk Albrecht

Guitdolin
Feb-11-2004, 10:28pm
Go with God

EasyEd
Feb-11-2004, 11:09pm
Buenos Noches,

Wow! I'm going to Paraguay about Sept - work related. Will be looking at the interior Atlantic rainforest and development issues surrounding part of it. Plan to look around Argentina an part of Brazil a bit too I hope.

Vaya con Dios! -Ed-

wannabethile
Feb-12-2004, 1:59am
ill definitley keep you in my prayers, friend!! im actually missing out on mandolin symposium, and going on a mission trip myself. keep safe, brother!!

VKochetta
Feb-12-2004, 8:59am
Pretty cool guys. I have a pastor friend from Lima who is in the USA at seminary (cemetery?)desiring to serve the Peruvians more effectively.

Don't forget to pick up a Charango while you are over there!

--- Vinny

John Zimm
Feb-12-2004, 9:24am
God bless you guys. It is great to see believers doing good works. Godspeed to you all.

-John.

John Flynn
Feb-12-2004, 10:48am
God bless you and protect you on your trip. BTW, a member of my family was a missionary in the mountains of Peru for 12 years. If you need any local info, send me a PM and I'll ask her about it.

Ken Berner
Feb-12-2004, 11:47am
Karl, EasyEd, Kirkola and wannabethile: Remember always that He holds you in the palm of His hand. Each day with music is a blessing!

Dru Lee Parsec
Feb-12-2004, 12:34pm
Karl, I'm not a religious person, but I can appreciate the goodnesss in your heart. #It takes a special person to take time out of his life to go help other people. #You're making the world a slightly better place and that's something you can always be proud of.

Keith Wallen
Feb-12-2004, 2:03pm
That's great Karl! We will keep you in our prayers.

Karl
Feb-18-2004, 3:11pm
Wow, it's been wonderful to hear from so many of you. Thank you for remebering me and the others here that will be involved with different missions this summer. We'll keep lifting each other up.

Also, I've been thinking about purchasing a lower quality mando to travel with, and perhaps even leave in the area. I've seen the MF listing of a cheap guitar/mando combo for around $100. Any other ideas for an inexpensive instrument for my purposes?

Thanks!