View Full Version : The funniest remake you'll see today

Scotti Adams
Jan-29-2010, 8:47am
Hay Seed Dixie
onequickbeer.com/2010/01/28/the-funniest-remake-youll-see-today.aspx

grassrootphilosopher
Jan-29-2010, 9:49am
sAWl5peI8HY

Here we go. I like Hayseed Dixie very much! Unfortunately they seem to have the tendency to really turn the volume up on stage... not for me. But I like their go at the music. The Reno boys really smoke it.

The video is great too as it shows how you can come up with a nice clip without the multi milion bucks that the average videoclip costs.

And here´s the original band with the same thing (though way less cool):

2omuoO_hIbQ&feature=fvw

And here´s some more from Hayseed Dixie:
"Tolerance" (I like the political incorrectnes, these guys are having fun)

IJHSVphoc3I&feature=related

By the way, it looks as if the "Tolerance" video was shot in your average German back yard patio. I wish I knew which one´s it was.

And they are doing a great job on an "Outkast"-tune here:

y0FuMRHRCVY

mandopete
Jan-29-2010, 11:51am
Excellent - 5 stars!

Jim MacDaniel
Feb-03-2010, 11:25am
Thanks for the link -- that is hilarious!

Until the Hayseed boys' new take on it, this had been my favorite cover of that song...

tgbNymZ7vqY

Mike Bromley
Feb-03-2010, 1:09pm
Wayyy off mando-land vibes, but that Brian May plays guitar like an Astrophysicist. Quite the talent, that boy.

AlanN
Feb-03-2010, 2:01pm
And Dale's picking is as clean and cool as ever. Thanks for posting, Scotti.

A5-L
Feb-03-2010, 8:54pm
Wayyy off mando-land vibes, but that Brian May plays guitar like an Astrophysicist. Quite the talent, that boy.Not that far... We played his '39 for years with our bluegrass band. He remains my no. 1 el. guitarist.
Speaking of remake, no pictures, but I found this (http://home.hccnet.nl/b.van.hoek/Sound/Smoke%20On%20The%20Water.mp3) in my soundfiles the other day.
I made it for a soundclip contest.... Took me over a day of recording and mixing, ending up with only 1min. 13 secs. But I had fun, no end....:grin:

AlanN
Feb-04-2010, 8:00am
My my, HD is quite the party, video band. I suppose live and in color would be fun to see. And Dale and Don Wayne have done the bg thing to death, so God Bless 'Em!

For me, Dale picking fiddle/mandolin tunes is much more gemutlich.