PDA

View Full Version : Repair Work on 1914 Gibson A-1

Tom Glen
Jan-19-2010, 11:34am
I took my Gibson A-1 to Mass Street Music in Lawrence Kansas a few weeks ago and picked it up two weeks ago. Mike Horan did a great job of leveling the fret board, installing new frets and repairing a couple of seam separations. The job was very professionally done. This is the second setup that Mike has performed for me and he does a great job. The A-1 plays like butter and sounds fantastic. The store has friendly people and great instruments. If you are in the area I would recommend a visit and I would definitely recommend their repair shop.

allenhopkins
Jan-19-2010, 12:45pm
The A-1 plays like butter...

I should take my Gibson in for a set-up; it's playability may be margarine-able...

pickinNgrinnin
Jan-27-2010, 12:42am
They actually have two Mikes who work in the shop - Mike Horan and Mike Runyon. They are both great guys and they both do outstanding work. I have complete trust in both of these of these guys. I consider myself fortunate to live so close to this top flight store & shop.

zombywoof
Jan-30-2010, 9:04pm
I love the good folks at Mass Street but lately I have been going over to Keith "Doc" George's shop down the road a piece in Lawson, MO for repairs and work.