PDA

View Full Version : Photo of a Mando with "Gold" EVO frets ?

JFDilmando
Jan-17-2010, 3:23pm
I have posted this in the builders forum as well... but would like to cover all bases, if possible.

Does anyone have a pic of your mandolin that is fretted with Gold EVO fretwire ? I am in a build stage and the question came up, if I wold like to have it fretted with EVO Gold... I have never seen a mandolin with these colored frets and really would like to see what it might look like... If anyone has a photo of a mando with these frets, could you please post ??? Or even a guitar would help...

It really REALLY would help me in my decision...

Thanks
JohnD

Dfyngravity
Jan-17-2010, 3:51pm
I have not seen a mandolin with gold fret wire to my knowledge. But I would imagine that with the right appointments it would look rather good, such as gold hardware to match.

Here is a Gibson guitar (http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Products/GOTM/50YearCommemorativeExplorer/) that has gold fret wire and I think it looks good.

man dough nollij
Jan-17-2010, 11:33pm
I think I saw on the builder's forum that they are not really that gold looking. Maybe just a little warmer looking than nickel-silver.

man dough nollij
Jan-17-2010, 11:41pm
Hey, I found a picture:

http://photos.imageevent.com/vmleoni/kparlors/websize/IMG_3067.JPG

Ivan Kelsall
Jan-18-2010, 1:01am
Quote :- "Maybe just a little warmer looking than nickel-silver." . You're right about that Lee. I think that they certainly complement the tones of the wood more than nickle-silver - very nice,
Ivan

Eric Hanson
Jan-18-2010, 1:42am
If you can increase the size of my avatar you will see that I have gold frets. I really like the look of all gold hardware. I had it built by Butch Click in Frankfort, IN. He is on the builders list here on the site.
I am not sure where he found it, but I know he had to do some searching to do so. Thankful I am that he was able to find it.
If you would like to see more of an up close shot, send me a PM and I will send back a better pic for you.