PDA

View Full Version : I'm Scared

Rick Schmidlin
Jan-12-2010, 12:58pm
I have been playing my Roy Noble guitar for a few weeks and just relized my mandolin has taken 2nd place for the first time in five years.

Say it an't so:disbelief:

Jim DeSalvio
Jan-12-2010, 1:04pm
Don't sweat it! Guitars are cool too. I play much more guitar than mandolin and my mandos don't mind a bit.

Jim D

catmandu2
Jan-12-2010, 1:06pm
That's totally understandable, for a Noble.

Chip Booth
Jan-12-2010, 1:25pm
I have played a couple of absolutely amazing Nobles. Dabble with it for a while and bring back some new ideas to the mandolin.

Poener
Jan-12-2010, 1:55pm
I'm an equal instrument opportunity type, giving piano, guitar, mandolin, banjo, Tabla drums, and bass equal attention.

JEStanek
Jan-12-2010, 2:00pm
Follow your muse, Rick. Don't worry about their feelings, they don't have any.

Jamie

mculliton123
Jan-12-2010, 2:06pm
I'm having the reverse result, TM, been playing my mandolin for a few weeks as my D-28 sits in the corner. Had that guitar since 1972, which reminds me, i probably should change the strings soon. but i picked it up yesterday and it's like ridin' a bike, 'cept its fretboard is really w-i-d-e. WUWT?~o)
MIchael

KristinEliza
Jan-12-2010, 2:10pm
Had that guitar since 1972, which reminds me, i probably should change the strings soon.

Wow! What strings are you using that last THAT long????

:))

mculliton123
Jan-12-2010, 2:17pm
I know it's an old joke,but then again, i'm an old man. I honestly didn't anyone would read that!!!!! :))
Michael.

Elliot Luber
Jan-12-2010, 2:34pm
When I hit a plateau, I find myself playing my guitar exclusively for a week or two, and I'm much better at mandolin when I come home.

Big Joe
Jan-12-2010, 9:52pm
See... You should have shipped it off before it stole you away :) .

mandroid
Jan-12-2010, 10:17pm
Bloody back-sliders...More Scotch !

BlueMt.
Jan-12-2010, 10:56pm
I recently took up the fiddle, so my mandolins and guitars are glad to be tucked into their cases with the lids firmly latched. ;)

Mike Snyder
Jan-12-2010, 11:35pm
What does the cat think of this new development?

thesubliminalman
Jan-12-2010, 11:41pm
I just brought a cheap old italian guitar home and a day later my reletively young epiphone developed a crack in the neck. I should have been more subtle in the introduction, it was my fault these two girls obviously got a jelousy thing going and me being the typical guy didn't notice. I would warn anyone in such a circumstance to be very careful and aware of the temperment of both instruments.

True story. any advice on so far finish cracks along neck joints?

mandroid
Jan-12-2010, 11:57pm
Sacrifice a Chicken ~:> and dance in a clockwise direction, chanting the name of your favorite musical hero.

CES
Jan-13-2010, 12:15am
Mandroid, I need more Scotch, too!

OP, roll with it, man. Sure the guitar is big, not as portable, and has the stupid 4ths/3rds tuning, but chicks do dig it...seriously, I love all of my instruments, and have representatives from the guitar, banjo, and mandolin families, and I go through phases where I really concentrate on one to the detriment of the others. And none of mine are anywhere close to the quality of a Noble...

I think I need an OM or mandocello. Hmmmmm. Or maybe just more single malt...

Bertram Henze
Jan-13-2010, 3:34am
I think I need an OM or mandocello. Hmmmmm. Or maybe just more single malt...

An OM goes well with a single malt. I recommend a Fylde with Laphroaig , that combination gets me over my old mandolin collecting dust on the wall, right beside the tenor banjo. :)

grassrootphilosopher
Jan-13-2010, 8:01am
Donīt be scared. Just post a picture with both, the noble Noble and your mando along with a soundclip (of both).

Jock
Jan-13-2010, 8:24am
An OM goes well with a single malt. I recommend a Fylde with Laphroaig , that combination gets me over my old mandolin collecting dust on the wall, right beside the tenor banjo. :)

Not so sure about the fylde but the Laphroaig gets my vote. Don't you know that it's considered bad luck to allow your banjo to go un-played neglected and gathering dust, the tune fairies will be most displeased. I try to play mandolin and banjo with equal measure, it's my guitar thats a little neglected these days.

Susan H.
Jan-13-2010, 8:47am
The mandolin will get over it, but will YOU?

Richard Morrison
Jan-13-2010, 6:08pm
'cept its fretboard is really w-i-d-e. WUWT?~o)
MIchael

I just picked up the mandolin a few months ago after playing guitar for years. Last week i strummed a few tunes on my guitar for the first time since and it was HUGE! I felt like i had the hands of a 7 year old. Guess i need to go back and forth more often.:mandosmiley:

jim_n_virginia
Jan-13-2010, 9:27pm
I have been playing my Roy Noble guitar for a few weeks and just relized my mandolin has taken 2nd place for the first time in five years.

Say it an't so:disbelief:

wow! my mando made me sell all my guitars except one! That must be some guitar! :mandosmiley: