PDA

View Full Version : My old National!!

mattygeetarross
Jan-09-2010, 6:00pm
Here's my most interesting mandolin, my 1932 National Resophonic Metal Mandolin!!! LOUD!!! My Dad had this since he returned home from WW11
His best friend had one identical to it!! :mandosmiley:

Charles E.
Jan-09-2010, 7:38pm
Wow, what a great mando! I have a 1923 National tenor guitar that I love but it does not have the palm trees and canoes. You are very lucky.

mrmando
Jan-10-2010, 2:10am
Eh? National wasn't around in 1923. They started making tenors in 1929.

JCLondonUK
Jan-10-2010, 3:40am
That's a beautiful old mando! I've got a new National, and love it,but those old ones are amazing.

mattygeetarross
Jan-10-2010, 9:38am
Does anyone know a "trusted" repair tech? This old mando needs a neck reset, and some adjustments! I don't know anyone I would trust! It still plays, but it needs set up!

Jim Garber
Jan-10-2010, 12:41pm
It would help if you let us know where you are located on this earth.

Jason Kessler
Jan-10-2010, 2:13pm
That's a beaut. Love the simple, Deco headstock.

(Hey! My 400th post!)

Charles E.
Jan-10-2010, 2:42pm
Eh? National wasn't around in 1923. They started making tenors in 1929.

Oops. Martin of course you are correct, mine is a 31. I got it mixed up with my Gibson trap door tenor banjo. :redface:

mattygeetarross
Jan-12-2010, 4:09pm
I am near Pittsburgh, PA

Martyweir
Jan-20-2010, 2:18pm
Does anyone know a "trusted" repair tech? This old mando needs a neck reset, and some adjustments! I don't know anyone I would trust! It still plays, but it needs set up!

Hi Matt, Nice to meet a fellow Yinzer. I'm from Murrysville PA. Don't know if you located anyone yet, but there are few that I would trust around town. I saw that in another thread that you introduced yourself to Dick Wade, who is one luthier I would reccomend around here. He lives down the road from me. Dick is a good guy - loves mando's, and know's more about them than most folks I've met in town. If he can't fix it, he'll know who can. Good luck. Do you attend any jams around the area?