PDA

View Full Version : Haha a new one

Shawn Gambrel
Dec-22-2009, 2:55pm
Alright i know you all must be getting tired of my videos of me singing and all of it im just trying to get advice on it all so im going to post some more videos in this post and i want you all to tell me what you think again. Thank ya

qAHIEWEfwnU

JeffD
Dec-22-2009, 3:06pm
Best singing of all of them. Very natural.

Shawn Gambrel
Dec-22-2009, 4:43pm
HF9gdGazMiw

Wagon Wheel

doc holiday
Dec-22-2009, 4:44pm
And the mandolin content is??

Shawn Gambrel
Dec-22-2009, 4:46pm
I have a F5-G. :) mandolin content lol

Earl Gamage
Dec-22-2009, 5:10pm
All right Shaun, you are sounding good. Seems like you are getting a lot of good mentoring here on the cafe'.

A couple of suggestions on this one:
Don't label it "sucky" and never apologize in advance for your playing (and don't apologize after you play either), the audience never wants to hear it and you don't need to tell them you are not good.

Maybe slow down wagon wheel a tad to help with your enunciation. I think a voice coach or some other folks on the cafe' can better explain what I mean.

I think your rythym guitar playing is excellent. Don't ever forget how to play straight rythym like you are doing now.

Great work! Rock on young buddy

Mike Bunting
Dec-22-2009, 5:13pm
Study rhythm and invest in a metronome.

Shawn Gambrel
Dec-22-2009, 5:21pm
Ill end up deleting wagon wheel and making a new one haha

Shawn Gambrel
Dec-22-2009, 6:07pm
gWEK-9U7HGg

I even done a intro to this on :grin:

Denny Gies
Dec-22-2009, 6:31pm
Please take this from someone who has been there. You need to improve your rhythm and your singing seemsl to be in a key that makes you strain a lot. It takes guts to put yourself out in a form like this. Way to go and best of luck.

Daniel Nestlerode
Dec-22-2009, 7:02pm
Shaun,
Relax. Feel the song. Each song has its own pulse, find it, and ride it.
When singing, don't tighten up. It sounds like you might have a tendency to lose control when you strain. (We all do.) Know what your hands need to do so well (practice until you hate the song) that you don't need to think about them when you sing. Then concentrate on hitting the notes you find difficult.

Just some stuff I learned along the way. Good on ya for getting out there & doing it! Don't stop!

Daniel

Tim2723
Dec-22-2009, 8:05pm
Good stuff Shawn. Thanks for a couple of spoken words first. I thought you were a baritone. Watch the key you're in. Baritones trying for second tenor can strain too much for the high notes. Keep at it! Don't fall into the trap of trying to sing in the key you know how to play in. You know your chords, so use them all.