PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Winter Bluegrass Fest in Denver CO

mandorado
Feb-11-2004, 10:16am
Just a reminder for all the folks in Colorado and neighboring states. The Mid-Winter Bluegrass Festival is this coming weekend, on Feb 13-15 in Denver Colorado.
Unfortunately for me, my sweetheart is not psyched about spending the days-nights jamming on Valentines Day (who the heck scheduled this thing anyway?) ... so I'm not sure if I'm going yet or not. Ah, amore.

And ... here is a link to a page that has all the upcoming Colorado Festival information and links. Very nice to see we have a lot of other great festivals coming up! Colorado Festivals 2004 (http://newgrass.freeservers.com/countdown/co.htm)

JD Cowles
Feb-11-2004, 11:00am
yep. my wife to be wasn't too hep on the thornton holiday inn as a valentines getaway either...oh well, must wait for warmer days i guess. james king or valentines day? decisions, decisions...

GVD
Feb-11-2004, 11:23am
[/QUOTE]mandorado Posted on Feb. 11 2004, 09:16
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately for me, my sweetheart is not psyched about spending the days-nights jamming on Valentines Day (who the heck scheduled this thing anyway?) [QUOTE]

I think it's the same person who schedules the Wichita winter BG fest.

GVD

Steven Stone
Feb-11-2004, 11:43am
I'm very lucky that my wife is not attached to valentine's day. She thinks its just a bad excuse for people to overpay at hotels and resterants. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

I'm going to the midwinter festival - it is a great place to jam, listen to great pickers, shoot the breeze, AND sleep in a real bed. I'll have my Wiens mando with me in a white Calton case (I want to bring my Hilburn as well, but since the check out time is Sunday 12:00, I don't want to have to put either mando in my car while I hang out on Sunday, and walking around with two mandos is a bit much), so if you go, say hi and we'll pick a spell.

Jim Hilburn
Feb-11-2004, 12:07pm
Shameless plug.
If your there on Sunday afternoon, check out my all girl band ,One Lucky Guy,in the new band showcase. It's me, my wife, and my 2 girlfriends.

mandofiddle
Feb-11-2004, 12:32pm
I'll be there with bells on on Saturday. Okay, I might leave the bells at home, but my mando, wife, and (hopefully not) screaming 2 year old on a leash will be there. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

mandorado
Feb-11-2004, 1:07pm
Jeez Jim ... why don't you rub it in. Ouch

Hope I can make it over there. Maybe if I'm really good, and I don't stick my foot in my mouth Saturday, I can escape for the show.
<I'm with a black Calton and Blackjack -- Pomeroy #21 -- and I kinda look like Brad Pit> <ok, not exactly like Brad but a little like Tom Cruise ... well, maybe like Tom Cruise after hes been out in the sticks for a couple of months. Kinda shaggy with a beard. No, I guess that would be more like David Grissman. Eh?>

Dan Adams
Feb-11-2004, 7:52pm
I'm with Steve on this one, a spouse that's not too attached to Valentine's Day, so I get to spend some of Saturday at the festival. Not that a day other than Valentines Day doesn't warrant the same attention, mind you. I'll be there, probably attend the mando workshop as usual, and maybe the Bluegrass Harmony workshop. Much like 'mandofiddle', I'll have some family obligations that day, only mine will take me away from the festivaties for portions of the day. Youth basketball, bluegrass festival? Tough call. See you all there, I'm thinking the Fisch needs its first festival experience.

Dan

MandoCowboy
Feb-12-2004, 11:53am
I'll be there for all 3 days. Look fer a feller in a Cowboy Hat...lol. We'll pick a tune r 2

MandoCowboy