PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Fender model I used to own.

ryevick
Dec-06-2009, 11:50am
I have looked all over the internet and can't find the model Fender mandolin I owned from about 6 years ago which I had to sell and want to buy again now. It was an A style with all GOLD tuners, no pearl on the tuners. Had a very full and warm sound and was nicely made. I only paid around $500 for it, maybe less. All the ones I see now (Fenders) sound, look and feel cheap :( . Please help me identify this mandolin. Thanks, Randy

mandroid
Dec-07-2009, 8:26pm
You may have gotten one made when everyone at the factory was in a good mood at the same time,
it happens sometimes..
I and another Player in town both got a 8 String Fender electric FM61se, mine had a good neck set ,
and is quite playable, he was never happy with his .
neck / body joint has to be carefully done , and sometimes its not .
mass production is not always accurate..

It is so variable , price point instruments on the lower end really need hands on auditions ,
a place with several of the same, is better for comparing .

ryevick
Dec-08-2009, 5:37am
I guess so... I remember I bought it at Mars Music in Atlanta which is out of business now but everything about it seemed good quality, I had many people admire it. I really wish I could find out what it was. I've contacted Fender but like all the other manufacturers I've contacted with questions over the years they don't respond.