PDA

View Full Version : Gavin Baird 2009 F5

Gavin Baird
Nov-28-2009, 8:32pm
Here are some photos of one of this years build. The instrument has a European Spruce top, Big Leaf curly maple back and sides, flat finger board with Banjo sized stainless steel frets, traditional vine abalone inlay,"James" tail piece, Schaller tuners, all wood binding and spirit varnish in tobacco brown.
Best regards to all...Gavin

Chuck Naill
Nov-28-2009, 8:41pm
Here are some photos of one of this years build. The instrument has a European Spruce top, Big Leaf curly maple back and sides, flat finger board with Banjo sized stainless steel frets, traditional vine abalone inlay,"James" tail piece, Schaller tuners, all wood binding and spirit varnish in tobacco brown.
Best regards to all...Gavin

Thank you for sharing. I like how you finished this instrument allowing the tone wood figure to come through. I like the stain color. :)

Randy Smith
Nov-28-2009, 10:23pm
Gavin,

Very, very handsome work! The head is elegant.

Congrats,

Randy S.

JEStanek
Nov-28-2009, 11:06pm
Beautiful scroll work and color, Gavin.

Jamie

jasona
Nov-29-2009, 1:16am
That finish is perfect Gavin. Congrats!

AW Meyer
Nov-29-2009, 1:39pm
That is a beauty. The scroll looks real good, and I love the finish.

Darren Bailey
Nov-29-2009, 4:49pm
that is a stunning looking instrument, does it sound as good as it looks?

Skip Kelley
Nov-29-2009, 6:41pm
Gavin, That is one sweet looking mandolin! I love your peghead logo!

Don Grieser
Nov-29-2009, 8:43pm
Gavin,

That mandolin is the definition of elegant. Just beautiful work. Please share more with us.

Larry Simonson
Nov-29-2009, 10:30pm
That is a gorgeous looking mandolin! I'd love to know the details of how you did it.

Gavin Baird
Nov-30-2009, 7:16pm
Thanks to all for your supportive comments, they are certainly appreciated..Best regards...Gavin