PDA

View Full Version : The Mandolin Store 4th Annual After Thanksgiving Sale

NewsFetcher
Nov-08-2009, 5:00pm
The Mandolin Store 4th Annual After Thanksgiving Sale
http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001147.shtml

The Mandolin Store has announced plans to hold their fourth annual After Thanksgiving Day sale on Friday, November 27, 2009, from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. As part of this year's event, the store will be giving away a brand new Gibson Jam Master A mandolin to one lucky shopper.

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. Note that the addition of images, videos, links and other coding is turned OFF for this area.

Gary Watkins
Nov-30-2009, 10:00am
Way to go Evelyn!!

Matt DeBlass
Nov-30-2009, 11:09am
I got a couple odds and ends during the sale. Ordered them on Friday, they showed up this morning in NJ. Nice job!

Congrats Evelyn!

harper
Nov-30-2009, 10:09pm
Thanks! I am thrilled!

Evelyn

harper
Dec-04-2009, 1:31am
It's here (already!) and it's very easy to play, with the jumbo frets and rounded V neck. I also love the look of the dark satin finish. The low notes have an awesome sustain. I will give a full report over the weekend. Dennis, thanks for sending the mandolin in a hard case. I was expecting a gig bag. And thanks again for your very generous drawing.

Evelyn

JEStanek
Dec-08-2009, 10:16am
Congratulations, Evelyn.

Jamie

ccravens
Dec-08-2009, 10:29am
Hey Evelyn,
This is Chris from Texas. I think they drew the wrong name! I'll let you correct the mistake & give you my address to send it to.

Just kidding........ aw, shucks; at least the mando made it to the great state of Texas!
Congrats!

Chris Travers
Dec-08-2009, 11:08am
Congrats! Such a pretty instrument!

Jill McAuley
Dec-08-2009, 11:40am
Well done and congratulations - enjoy that thing!

Cheers,
Jill

harper
Dec-09-2009, 12:17am
Thanks, everyone, for your kind good wishes. There can never be enough fine mandolins in the great state of Texas. Please feel free, Chris from Texas, to come and play it if you are down this way. I am still in shock that I am the lucky winner! I have not had much time for playing and still won’t for another couple of weeks, but every so often I have picked up this lovely mandolin and taken it for a short spin. After being struck by its good looks, I admire how it feels in the hands. The tone is as understated as the satin finish, and hard to describe. Mellow, maybe. Smooth.

Elliot Luber
Dec-09-2009, 4:32pm
Congrats! Play it forward!