PDA

View Full Version : Tell the Boss-man;

creekwater
Feb-10-2004, 7:03pm
I reakon the only thing ya'll snivilling cry-babies can do is just tell the Boss-man of this outfit to not let me on here no more. Don't matter to me. I thought when I first came on here that I would meet and talk to some nice folk, and maybe learn some things. I have met a few, but it seems the biggest majority of ya'll are nothing but snobby mule rears, that don't no nothing.

Guitdolin
Feb-10-2004, 7:11pm
Adios

mandowilli
Feb-10-2004, 7:11pm
I beg your pardon?

mandoJeremy
Feb-10-2004, 7:18pm
Another one bites the dust hey, hey! Another one bites the dust. Let's all sing along on this one!

Guitdolin
Feb-10-2004, 7:30pm
Why do I get the mental image of a sweet little widow that retired from a long career as an English teacher in Vermont sitting at her computer laughing as she pecks out the venomous posts signed by "creekwater"? #It's got to be a parody, not reality. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

creekwater
Feb-10-2004, 7:38pm
Nope 5' 11". 233 lbs. Bearded. Live in a log house built by myself. Cut wood for a living. About the furthest thing from a little 'ol school marm as yoy can get. Have 2 sons. Oldest is 25 and a Sgt. in the U.S. Marine Corps. Youngest is 21 and a graduate of Nashville Auto-Diesel College, he's a heck of a mechanic. Love Bluegrass music. Don't care for some of ya'll, but have talked to a few nice folk on here.

Michael H Geimer
Feb-10-2004, 7:41pm
Wow. Creekwater ... I read some really nice comments from people who stood up for your right to express an opinion without being accused of alterior motives.

But, then I just read another thread where you busted in from nowhere and flamed someone else ... more or less accusing them of outright lying.

I don't get it ... which side of the fence are you on? Flamer or Flamee? Do want to be here, or not? Your topic right now is quite an angry one. It has a bitterness of tone that I've seen in a lot of other message boards. This place at least tries to be different, more polite, more supportive, etc.

You might want to re-think some those broad, general insults you offered up above ... if you actually want to stick around here. And if you don't want to be here, why slam the door on your way out?

We are each of us free to pick up our marbles and go home at any time, but I hope while were together on the playground, that we can all make nice.

- Mike (Benignus)

creekwater
Feb-10-2004, 7:45pm
On my side! If a man puts me down, well then he can expect to get it right back. Not all of ya'll has your nose up in the air> I'm just telling the ones who do, and they know who they are.

Scotti Adams
Feb-10-2004, 8:07pm
I reakon the only thing ya'll snivilling cry-babies can do is just tell the Boss-man of this outfit to not let me on here no more. Don't matter to me. I thought when I first came on here that I would meet and talk to some nice folk, and maybe learn some things. I have met a few, but it seems the biggest majority of ya'll are nothing but snobby mule rears, that don't no nothing.
...Uh..I believe thats supposed to be " the biggest majority of ya'll are nothing but snobby mule rears, that don't know nothing" just had to clarify that one.... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif ....because I do know something...

neal
Feb-10-2004, 8:29pm
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

pickinNgrinnin
Feb-10-2004, 9:17pm
Mr. Hooker-

You've done quite a bit here lately to embarass yourself. Take some time to cool off or sober up or get your mind right. You seem to be begging for Scott to give you the heave ho. This behavior suggests there is unrest in your life and not liking Gibson's may be the least of your worries.

LilCreekster
Feb-10-2004, 9:36pm
I don't think... that the "majority" of people have replied to or participated in your discussions, Creekwater. #Some of us prefer to stay out of flame wars... which somehow you seem to be a magnet of, by your own fault or not LOL.

Ok, now someone slam Chris so I can participate in a heated discussion and contradict myself there. ROFL

And I'd say well over half the folks who replied were either neutral or supporting parts of what you said. #And some of those who argued with you are exremely knowledgable mandolin players... who happen to have a different opinion and feel strongly about it.

This board is full of ALL kinds of people, not everyone is going to be your friend, but the MAJORITY of people on here are really good folks. #All different knowledge levels and most more than willing to help someone who needs it. #I doubt anyone's going to run to Scott. #We're big kids on this playground & you haven't broken any rules. #You feel like you were treated rudely & gave it right back. #Try skipping the giving it right back some time, it's harder (TRUST ME hahah) but it the end it's obvious who got goaded into being nasty... and it's better to not have it be you.

**edit** after reading a few more of your posts, I think that last bit of advice is wasted on ya. #Oh well.

The Yankee fighting stuff makes for amusing reading though... not sure if it's supposed to be funny, but it is LOL.

Oh and... what you're doing, follwing posters all over the board and slamming them... I don't know if it's against the rules, but it's pretty bad form.

Frank Russell
Feb-10-2004, 10:51pm
creekwater - while I still doubt you are not another troller incarnation from a Cafe joker, I find it hard to believe you can still play bluegrass or type your posts with both feet in your mouth. #I greatly enjoyed your ever so clever P.O.B.W.A.T.S. label, but I "reakon" you might be a P.I.N.H.E.A.D (Person In Need of Humility, Etiquette and A Dictionary.) Are you by chance a Wigglesworth by blood? Frank

mandoJeremy
Feb-10-2004, 11:06pm
It does kind of remind one of old Ted doesn't it? Next should be the classified ad for Scott's anatomy!

mandoJeremy
Feb-10-2004, 11:17pm
Where's Richard?

NickelCreeker
Feb-10-2004, 11:45pm
Oh The Humannity. What Is this world..*cough* site comming too!!! Yallz! Dont fight.

Greenmando
Feb-11-2004, 2:04am
Ok, now someone slam Chris so I can participate in a heated discussion and contradict myself there. ROFL
Uh ok, I'll try it. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

Chris has funny hair and solos too much. He sets the bar too high as well. And why the heck did he not hook up with Sara, she's a sweetheart. #

If I got mad everytime someone disagreed with me here, I would have left years ago.
I would never join a forum that had me as a poster, lol. #http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

Scott Tichenor
Feb-11-2004, 7:21am
Time out.

I'm not going to shut this thread down because someone can always start another, but everyone step back a second and cool off. Alot to sort out this a.m. and I've been so busy I've barely had time to look up for a week from work so I need to find out what's going on here.

danb
Feb-11-2004, 7:47am
Yes seriously people, chill out. It's a good idea to follow a rule to never say anything in an online forum that you wouldn't say in person to someone in a bar.

I think that this thread and others like it are simple muck-stirring for kicks, commonly known as "trolling" (ie dragging a lure around a pond hoping to hook a fish). The best way to make these go away is to ignore them.

Scott Tichenor
Feb-11-2004, 11:21am
Changed my mind. This topic is closed. I'll be addressing this situation and other issues like it in a more formal method the near future.