PDA

View Full Version : $100,000 F5 Mandolin Found in PA !...

8STRINGR
Oct-29-2009, 5:57pm
Hey Everyone,

Long time since I've been on here but did anyone here see the article about a Treasure Hunter that discovered a find of a Gibson F5 Mandolin worth $100,000 ? :disbelief: I think I would've flipped!

Oct. 28, 2009: $100,000 Mandolin found in Pennsylvania

On the Treasure Hunter's last trip to Pottsville, PA. they discovered an unexpecting gem. Treasure Hunter Will Whitaker reports, "I couldn't believe we had come across a Gibson F-5 because they are so rare!" With a speedy call to Kenny Davis, the Treasure Hunter's quickly learned of the mandolin's authenticity. It was genuine.

The Treasure Hunter's met the seller's asking price enthusiastically, and the Gibson F-5 became a found treasure.

He made a very large profit on the mandolin and left the Buy Show with a great deal of cash in hand.

The photo in the paper describes the mandolin as: Finished with an ultra-thin, hand-brushed varnish and hand-applied French polish, the Gibson F-5 Master Model is the ultimate in sound and beauty.

sorce: The Winchester Star , Winchester, VA
www.winchesterstar.com

8STRINGR
Oct-29-2009, 8:12pm
By the way, the one piece of info that the article failed to meantion was the Date of the mandolin.

JEStanek
Oct-29-2009, 8:34pm
They found another! Here's a thread (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53273&highlight=treasure+hunter) on these same guys from earlier this year.

Jamie

re simmers
Oct-29-2009, 8:52pm
I thought it sounded familiar!?!

8STRINGR
Oct-30-2009, 12:33pm
Hmm... I wonder why such a headliner as that announced months ago was printed just the other day in our local paper? I'm only 3-4 hours away from PA. Does News like that travel that slow?

mrmando
Oct-30-2009, 12:52pm
That's because it's not news, it's an advertisement.

woodwizard
Oct-30-2009, 1:11pm
When something sounds too good to be true it usually is.